Forum Pakistan
New User? Register | Search | Memberlist | Log in
Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums
Pakistani forum to discuss Pakistani Media, Siasat, Politics Talk Shows, Khaber Akhbar, Khel, Cricket, Film, Dramas, Songs, Videos, Shairy, Shayari, Pyar Mohabbat ki Kahani, Tourism, Hotels, Fashion, Property, Naukary Gupshup and more.
Watch TV OnlineLive RadioListen QuranAkhbarFree SMS PakistanResults OnlineUrdu EditorLollywoodLive Cricket Score
Government DepartmentsKSE Live RatesUseful LinksJobsOnline GamesCheck EmailPromote us
GEO News LiveGEO NewsDawn News Live TVExpress News

The war of fake degrees. All parties united.

Bookmark and Share Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » Pakistani News and Events
jkbarki
5 Star Member
5 Star Member

Punjab Assembly passed a resolution against media on fake degrees unanimously. Punjab CM was present in his chamber during the world's blakest resolution ever passed in the history.

Lahore: All political parties in the Punjab Assembly on friday passed a unanimous resolution against the media. The parliamentarians made scathing remarks against journalists, terming them blackmailers of lower degree, corrupts and a threat to the democracy. They defended their fake degrees and claimed that media has no right to point out finger at them.

Is that a right move by the Punjab Assembly?

Pakistan Zindabad
Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:51 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
jkbarki
5 Star Member
5 Star Member

Updates on resolution against pakistani media Reply with quote
LONDON,(SANA): Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf UK chapter terms the Punjab assembly’s resolution against the media as unacceptable and against the basic principles laid down in the 1973 Constitution of Pakistan which promotes civil rights and freedom of speech & expression.

The current ban against the media seems to have been due to the exposure of parliamentarians with fake degrees as MNAs and MPAs with fake degrees cannot continue to hold office which in turn means a danger to the current government setup.

The current act of the Punjab government to curb the media violates the essence of civil rights especially in the reign of the so called democratic parties. This makes one question the background of the current leaders and their association with the past dictatorships and the fact that there is no difference between a military dictatorship & the current setup.

It is also unfortunate that today there is no effective ‘opposition’ in the parliament. Essentially as per the current setup, PML N should have been the ‘opposition’ cross checking acts, that go against the principles of rule of law and the Constitution of Pakistan. However PML N has played the role of a ’silent opposition’ and since the lawyers movement, the role of the opposition has been effectively played by the media.

The media has continuously highlighted the plight of the people of Pakistan, brought all politicians, civil rights representatives to face the public regarding issues, it has highlighted corruption, malpractices, human rights issues, economic failures, energy crises, sugar crises etc. And more unfortunate is that this very same media it is the very same media that is now being targeted.
We need to note that yesterday there were a large number of deaths and injuries in the suicide attack in Mohmand Pashtun region of Pakistan but the Punjab Assembly’s focus was to condemn the media and not the other more pressing issues that the country is facing.

PTI Chairman, Imran Khan, has always stood by the media; he has promoted the rule of law and basic civil rights. We will encourage all PTI members in Pakistan as well as the civil society to fully support the Pakistani media including journalists in these difficult times.

PTI demands that the holders of fake degrees be disqualified else their cases need to be taken to the courts and that the Punjab Assembly immediately recalls the resolution against the media.

Pakistan Zindabad
Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:00 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
jkbarki
5 Star Member
5 Star Member

Pakistani journalists protest over resolution against media Reply with quote
ISLAMABAD -- Pakistani journalist community started a countrywide protest Friday after a resolution passed by the Punjab provincial assembly which drew dagger against the independent media, local TV news channels reported.

A Punjab provincial assembly member Sanaullah Masti Khel presented the resolution in the House and asked for voting, criticizing the media role against politicians. The resolution was passed by simple majority with the support of government and opposition members of the assembly.

"We shall have to control media with iron hands otherwise it will destroy our credibility," Khel, representative of the provincial ruling party Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) told the House.

Pakistani media has attracted severe criticism from power quarters these days for highlighting scandals of politicians holding fake degrees. Critics are of the view that this resolution is actually the resentment of politicians over media for telecasting programs against legislature allegedly maligning their characters.

"If a common man does a crime he faces punishment, but when politicians do it they think themselves above every law. Such politicians must face consequences," said Shaukat Pervez, president of Pakistan Federal Union of Journalist.

"If they think media will be silent over their crimes and corruption they are wrong. As a free media, it's our duty to highlight every thing," said Prevez.

Rasheed Ahmad, senator from PML-N, promised media to take this resolution back.

"This is not the stance of our party but an individual attempt from a person, we shall ask him to withdraw it," said Ahmad, talking to the local Dunya TV.

Pervez Elahi, former chief minister of Punjab, called it a black day in the history of the province.

"We are against this act, we want free media in the country for the strength of the democracy," said Elahi.

All media organizations and press clubs are protesting against the provincial government of the PML-N. Journalists have also announced to hold a protest rally before the Punjab Assembly building on July 10.

Pakistan Zindabad
Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:02 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
jkbarki
5 Star Member
5 Star Member

PMLN, a group of fake degree holders. Reply with quote
PMLN MPA Tariq Mehmood Bajwa PP 170 degrees found bogus. Tariq Mehmood Aajwa did his masters in 2002, BA in 2006 and Matric in 2007.

Express News Source

Pakistan Zindabad
Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:10 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
jkbarki
5 Star Member
5 Star Member

29 degrees found fake. Reply with quote

As per HEC spokesman statement, 936 degrees were sent for verification to HEC. 29 MPA's & MNA's degrees found bogus after verification of 511 degrees. Both PPP and PMLN are united to defend their bogus degree holders parliamentarians however today punjab assembly passed a resolution in favor of media with incomplete coram. Punjab Assembly passed a resolution in favor of media just on the fifth day of the first resolution which was against the media.

Pakistan Zindabad
Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:41 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
jkbarki
5 Star Member
5 Star Member

Faryal Talpur, Nabeel Gabool and Faisal Abidi doubtful! Reply with quote
Faryal Talpur, Nabeel Gabool and Faisal Abidi degrees are doubtful. Number of fake degree raised from 29 to 47. 28 more entered in list of doubtful. PU, Baluchistan University Quetta, AIOU, University of Engineering and Technology Lahore, University of Engineering and Technology Peshawar and Lahore School Of Economics sent 217, 51,10, 4, 5 and 1 degrees respectively after verification. HEC recieved total of 805 degrees back from universities after verification.

Pakistan Zindabad
Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:55 am View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
KHAN62
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

resolution against media n fake degrees Reply with quote
for me media personnel r over-reacting on the issue whereas media has overplayed degrees issue. pakistani media people especially, some TV channels 's programmes n talk shows n reporters idealise western standards expect the same from pakistani politicians especially from govt officials which is very much difficult sofar. fake degrees issue n relevent law is gone now, which a dictator introduced for his own nefarious designes. If the the continuity of democratic process is maintained the voters will themselves learn n ultimately political parties will become transparent n fake dgree holders n all those who dont serve the people will be rejected by the people in the process for ever otherwise they exploite their victimization n again return to power. the miltary govts were equally corrupt n additionally unpopular. So it will take time but finally the truth will prevail n this is only possible through the continuation of this democratic process for at least 20 years.
Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:17 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
jkbarki
5 Star Member
5 Star Member

@Khan
Yes brother you're right. Our media still needs maturity. Few weeks ago, when I read Congress passed a bill of 50 million dollars to hire pakistani media, became nervous. Although our media is not that much capable to handle news in a well mannered way but even then our politicians who presented fake degree for election, are wrong and must be punished and banned for life time for election otherwise they'll not let any revolution take place in the system.
Regards

Pakistan Zindabad
Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:13 am View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
I K QAZI

We should forget the facts & keep two different things apart.That having Degree or Graduation as criteria for the Parliament member election (Which is any way just for the sake of Under graduate Zardari is annulled) is one thing whereas giving/presenting fake degrees to the election commission is another thing.Which infact a criminal act,showing the fake character of these people.Anything based on wrong foundation cannot bear fruits.For all these fake/corrupt people the unleashed,too direct,sometime out of way & hostile role of our Media is justified.These people have no morals,self respect & pride that they will accept their crimes theirselves to resign or to pay for it.There4 I think our Media role isn't that bad to counter all such criminal elements.If these people are wrongly criticised can sue the Media as simple as that.If we are asking Media not to set their standard that high like the advanced countries should also realise that Our Media standards we should also not compare with those countries.Although mostly our Media intentionally or un intentionally playing their role quiet impressively.We can just say that:HAR FIRAOUN E RA MOUSA AST".I have no sympathy for all these socalled polititions having no Morals & character to indulge theirselves in such un ethical/Immoral crimes.The way they are protesting against the Media or crying is just like some1 stand naked in the public & cursing people that why they are looking at them.

Meri Ashkon Ney Dho Daalay Kitnay Daagh
Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
hugejames
Pak Newbie

thare exits people , there exits war

mac dvd ripper
best video converter
Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
goldenboys
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

Politics of digrees not in the interest of democracy
Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:57 pm View user's profile Send private message
I K QAZI

goldenboys wrote:

Which democracy you are talking about?In which the socalled representatives gives false information? Having no character to step down theirselves.We are just pretending to have the Western type of democracy in our country.We are claiming to follow & copy it but without having their norms.It isn't about the degree rather it is about the falsification & not fullfilling the criterions for the election.

Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
jkbarki
5 Star Member
5 Star Member

goldenboys wrote:

We can say it this way,
"Politics of fake degrees holders is not in the interest of democracy".

Pakistan Zindabad
Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:06 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
ali_akash4
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

deeth ho to koi in pakistani siyaset-dano jesa ho
Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
jkbarki
5 Star Member
5 Star Member

We really deserve the mercy of great God. Reply with quote
38 doctors also found with bogus or fake medical degrees. Most of them recieved their medical degree from Russian block countries. Kyrghezis, Ukrain, Russia, Afghanistan and Kazakistan among the fake degrees sellers. Now both the law makers and health makers are equal in the race of fraud and money making. As a nation, they are a retarded and sick crowd. They have no sense of haram and halal. We really deserve the mercy of great God.

Pakistan Zindabad
Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:50 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
I K QAZI

We need a thorough filteration if we call ourselves a living Nation.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
raych123
Pak Newbie

fake degress r a sham on our country face. pls jst punish them. nothing else is the option
Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
I K QAZI

Ab Dekhtey Hain K Bili K Galey Mey Kaon Ghantti Baqandey Ga?

Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
p_gal
Full PK Member
Full PK Member

the only authority in the country, under the law, which can punish anybody is court. now why our courts are giving option of resignation to such criminals is by itself raising questions about the integrity of esteem court and justices.
Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
goldenboys
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

column by pervez hood bhai Reply with quote
Please circulate freely

FAKE DEGREES

Currently on a short visit to the University of Maryland, I am taking this opportunity to inform readers about the impression created overseas by the fake degree scandal in Pakistan. Major newspapers here, including the New York Times, have carried stories of the scores of counterfeit degrees possessed by Pakistani parliamentarians. The US media has underscored the unwillingness of the government and society to punish this scandalous behavior. Also reported is that the Sindh government has attempted to intimidate and threaten the chairman of the Higher Education Commission, who had been charged with verifying the degrees.

With outright cheaters and crooks sitting in parliament under government protection, it is no surprise that most people here - Pakistanis, Americans, and Indians - feel that Pakistan is headed nowhere. Expatriate Pakistanis, who live in a society that places a premium on personal honesty, are hanging their heads in shame. They have no explanation for why their country has fallen so low. If a state cannot enforce even minimal ethical rules, and if it can live in equanimity with corruption that is starkly visible, then it rightly deserves to be called a failed state. No foreigner is going to think of Pakistan as anything other than a Somalia or Nigeria, lawless and corrupt nations with which we seem to be competing with.

Fortunately, there do seem to be people of conscience in Pakistan who will not let the scandal die and the country sink yet further. It is also fortunate that the HEC, with which I have had strong differences in the past, is apparently holding up against political pressures. One wishes that these forces for good could prevail. I am sad, however, to see some well-respected columnists argue that the fake degree issue is being used to derail democracy and prepare the ground for army rule. This is a specious argument that, carried to its logical conclusion, will allow the grossest and ugliest of crimes to go unpunished.

Pervez Hoodbhoy
Sunday, 25 July, 2010
Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:20 pm View user's profile Send private message
reory
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

Bohat dukh ki baat hay..........................
Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:46 am View user's profile Send private message
dockhaul
Pak Newbie

these all holding fake degrees should be removed from the parliment and should be banned indefinately
Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:46 am View user's profile Send private message
jazz_01
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

Why the courts are cooperating with the fake degree holders?
Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:07 am View user's profile Send private message
I K QAZI

Harsh punishment for all these fake & bogus degree holders.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
shazydotcom
Pak Newbie

All fake degree holders are liars. They have violated the constitution and hence they should be given examplary punishment. Plus all amounts paid for them must be recovered. But I am sure that these corrupt leaders will remain united to protect these liars.
Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » Pakistani News and Events All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Gupshup Forum: Urdu ForumIslam ForumPakistan Army ForumAap Ka SheharNaukaryPakistani Visa
Desi Sports and News: Live CricketSports ForumAkhbar OnlinePakistan EventsWorld News Discussion
Entertainment Media: PTV ForumGEO ForumLollywood ForumBollywood OnlineHollywood ForumDesi Radio
Desi Masala Forums: Gupshup Chit ChatComputer GamesMusic ForumDrama ForumsGhazal ForumDesi FashionDesi Food
Official Forums (Government Department): Dak Khana ChatPolice ForumWapda OnlinePTCL ForumUfone ForumRailway ForumSehat Chit ChatTaleem OnlineTax Forum PKZameen ForumAdalat Forum

Pure Pakistani forum to express your views, thoughts with complete freedom. Archives 1 2
Copyright © ForumPakistan.com 2013 All rights reserved.

Contact Us | Advertise | Report Abuse | FP Team | Disclaimer