Forum Pakistan
New User? Register | Search | Memberlist | Log in
Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums
Pakistani forum to discuss Pakistani Media, Siasat, Politics Talk Shows, Khaber Akhbar, Khel, Cricket, Film, Dramas, Songs, Videos, Shairy, Shayari, Pyar Mohabbat ki Kahani, Tourism, Hotels, Fashion, Property, Naukary Gupshup and more.
Watch TV OnlineLive RadioListen QuranAkhbarFree SMS PakistanResults OnlineUrdu EditorLollywoodLive Cricket Score
Government DepartmentsKSE Live RatesUseful LinksJobsOnline GamesCheck EmailPromote us
GEO News LiveGEO NewsDawn News Live TVExpress News

Suneeta Marshall - profile, interview & pictures

Bookmark and Share

Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » Actresses Profiles
anniekhan
Senior Proud Pakistani
Senior Proud Pakistani

Suneeta Marshall

Suneeta Marshall was born in 1982. She is a Pakistani model.

Personal life

Marshall was born in Lahore, Pakistan to a Pakistani Christian family in 1982. She is a commerce graduate from Karachiís St Patrickís College. She started her acting career with a telefim named "Tere bina". Marshall was introduced into the modeling world by her aunt, who runs a famous beauty salon in Lahore. She made her first appearance in a Garnier Fructis commercial. After doing a few more commercials for hair products such as Pantene, Head and Shoulders and Kuene, Suneeta disappeared from the world of television commercials.

Marshall made a come back as the Gul Ahmed new girl. Suneeta Marshall was on every Gul Ahmed billboard and in every Gul Ahmed spread in all the magazines. This was enough for people to notice this new up and coming model who was before only known as the Fructis girl. After her contract ended with Gul Ahmed, Suneeta decided to work with big fashion designers such as Deepak Perwani, HSY, Bunto Kazmi and Nilofer Shahid.

It really was not until Marhsall worked for Bunto Kazmi, that she received true fame. Suneeta was chosen by Bunto Kazmi to model her clothes in 2000 for a Milan fashion show. For the first time Suneeta received international fame and recognition and that did wonders for her. After a little international exposure, Suneeta was brave enough to muster up the strength and submit her portfolio directly to fashion designers such as Dior and Gucci.

Suneeta landed the job with Dior right away but it was not until a little while that Suneeta started working for Gucci as well. Suneeta opened Dior's show in Karachi and then in Dubai, London, Paris and Moscow.

Suneeta Marshall's fame was further increased when she decided to star in Abaraul Haq's music video Preeto (Pretty). After her first success Suneeta decided to star in the music video for the Shehzad Roy song "Jana". Suneeta also decided to try her hand at acting and started off by doing a television movie called Tere Bina (without you) in which she played a young spoiled girl who elopes with her boyfriend and then later learns about the responsibilities of marriage. After that Suneeta Marshall got to play the lead in the very successful television drama Malika in which she plays a Fashion Model/Actress who gets ahead of her friend in show business.

Marshall has worked with countless famous Pakistani designers and has had contracts with many big companies such as LUX, Revlon, Jazz, Mobilink, and Sunsilk. Suneeta has also been offered to act in Indian Films but since most Indian Films are musicals, Suneeta turned them down and in an interview on the famous talk show Bushra Bushra, she revealed that she is interested in doing more serious work.

Interview

There are some faces which come to represent the times we live in. Sunita Marshall is the face of Pakistan's modelling industry in the new millennium. She is amongst the handful of girls who have transformed our not-so-exciting fashion scene into a wonderful arena of glitz and glamour - simply by being there. In few years she has reached a level of stardom that others struggled for years to achieve.

Young Sunita was introduced to the modelling world by her aunt Angie Marshall, a renowned beautician, who saw an enterprising model/actress in her. She started her modelling career at 18 with Mag, a weekly fashion magazine, where Saima offered her a bridal shoot.

But people actually started recongnising her after Abrar's hit song 'Preeto'. She did her first catwalk show for Rizwan Beyg in 2000 and since then she has done countless shows - home and abroad. Her favourite photographer who gave her an initial break remains Arshad Tareen, who she says 'is the best' although she also rates Ather Shahzad, Deevees, Abid Saleem and Shamyl Khoro as photographers who have understood her appeal and consequently shot great photographs of her.

"Well, as a stylist I like Saima's work, she's very innovative. In designers, I think Rizwan Beyg, Deepak Perwani and Nomi Ansari are marvellous designers. In choreography, Hassan Shehryar, Frieha Altaf and Imran Kureshi, all are very good and very individualistic in their approach."

According to Sunita the modelling scene is becoming better day by day and now there is a bevy of channels and fashion magazines that give good coverage. It's no longer a hobby and it has become a serious profession. "Things have really changed over the past few years.

Then a lot depends on how you conduct yourself. I take modelling as my career, like a nine to five job. It's not an outlet to expose myself or to develop contacts or look for acceptance into a certain group. I come, do my work and leave, that's the end. People are very judgmental about models, I mean so what if she wears revealing clothes, it doesn't mean she's a bad human.

But since modelling is short lived, one can always channelise one's talents and can opt for acting." Herself, a talented actress, Sunita began her acting career in a mystery suspense series for a private channel where she played a jinn.

She is currently appearing in a hit serial, Thori Door Saath Chalo. "You just have to be patient and it takes some time to be known in this field". At present she is quite satisfied with her modelling and acting career but later on she would like to go into production.

The commerce graduate from Karachi's St Patrick's College, Sunita strongly feels that there should be a training institute for models where they can learn the tricks of the trade and can groom themselves. She is in favour of modelling agencies so that models can work more professionally.

"Whatever we learn is on the job, there is no agency that could groom models about the techniques and approaches." For aspiring models, she warns them to prepare themselves for hard work. "Modelling is not just about pretty looks, it's about your attitude, your personality and your over all intelligence level."

Basically a quiet person, Sunita likes to spend her leisure time with close friends and family. "I don't like to attend parties or hang out a lot. I am a very homely person, when I am not working I would rather stay home and relax.

Ashwhite Buxus D1038Mostly I prefer jeans and t-shirt, I am very comfortable in it." She enjoys her celebrity status and it really raises her esteem when people recognise her. She denies the notion that models are rich but says that they are financially comfortable. "I don't go around shopping spree or flaunt it in front of people. I support my family and save some for rainy days."

Tall and slim Sunita does not make any extra effort to keep herself fit. She attributes this to her family genes. At the moment she is singularly happy and sees herself settling down in a few years' time.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » Actresses Profiles All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Gupshup Forum: Urdu ForumIslam ForumPakistan Army ForumAap Ka SheharNaukaryPakistani Visa
Desi Sports and News: Live CricketSports ForumAkhbar OnlinePakistan EventsWorld News Discussion
Entertainment Media: PTV ForumGEO ForumLollywood ForumBollywood OnlineHollywood ForumDesi Radio
Desi Masala Forums: Gupshup Chit ChatComputer GamesMusic ForumDrama ForumsGhazal ForumDesi FashionDesi Food
Official Forums (Government Department): Dak Khana ChatPolice ForumWapda OnlinePTCL ForumUfone ForumRailway ForumSehat Chit ChatTaleem OnlineTax Forum PKZameen ForumAdalat Forum

Pure Pakistani forum to express your views, thoughts with complete freedom. Archives 1 2
Copyright © ForumPakistan.com 2013 All rights reserved.

Contact Us | Advertise | Report Abuse | FP Team | Disclaimer