Forum Pakistan
New User? Register | Search | Memberlist | Log in
Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums
Pakistani forum to discuss Pakistani Media, Siasat, Politics Talk Shows, Khaber Akhbar, Khel, Cricket, Film, Dramas, Songs, Videos, Shairy, Shayari, Pyar Mohabbat ki Kahani, Tourism, Hotels, Fashion, Property, Naukary Gupshup and more.
Watch TV OnlineLive RadioListen QuranAkhbarFree SMS PakistanResults OnlineUrdu EditorLollywoodLive Cricket Score
Government DepartmentsKSE Live RatesUseful LinksJobsOnline GamesCheck EmailPromote us
GEO News LiveGEO NewsDawn News Live TVExpress News

Rahat Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - profile, interview & pictu

Bookmark and Share

Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » Celebrity Profiles
anniekhan
Senior Proud Pakistani
Senior Proud Pakistani

Rahat Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan

Ustad Rahat Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan was born in 1974 in Faisalabad, Punjab, Pakistan. He is a Pakistani musician , and primarily a singer of Qawwali mainly in the Punjabi language, a devotional music of the Sufis (a mystical tradition within Islam). He is the nephew of Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.In addition to Qawwali, he also performs ghazals and other light music. He has toured extensively and performed in Pakistan, India and all around the world.

Early life and training

He was born in 1974 in Faisalabad, Punjab, Pakistan into a family of traditional musicians. The son of Farrukh Fateh Ali Khan, Rahat was trained by his uncle Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan in the art of classical music and Qawwali.

Career

His first public performance was at the age of ten or eleven, when he toured the U.K. with his uncle in 1985, and performed solo songs in addition to singing with the Qawwali party. At a concert in Birmingham on July 27, 1985, he performed the solo ghazal Mukh Tera Sohneya Sharab Nalon Changa Ae. At a concert at the Harrow Leisure Centre in 1985, he performed the solo song Gin Gin Taare Lang Gaiyaan Rattaan. Paap (2004), featuring hit song, Mann Ki Lagan, marked his debut as a Bollywood playback singer. He has become popular in India because of his Bollywood songs..

Soundtracks and international contributions

In a subordinate role with his uncle Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, working in collaboration with Eddie Vedder, of the American rock band, Pearl Jam, Rahat contributed to the soundtrack of the 1995 Hollywood film Dead Man Walking.

In 2002, he worked on the soundtrack of Four Feathers in collaboration with the American composer of orchestral and film music, James Horner. Also in 2002, Rahat guested with The Derek Trucks Band on the song "Maki Madni" for Trucks' album, Joyful Noise.

More recently, his vocals were featured on the soundtrack of Mel Gibson's Apocalypto.

His recent works include Pakistani nationalistic songs such as "Dharti Dharti" and "Hum Pakistan", and songs from Bollywood films.

Television

Starting July 24, Rahat Fateh Ali Khan will be judging Chhote Ustaad 2 alongside Sonu Nigam.

Discography

Singles

Dharti Dharti
Main Tenu Samjhawan Ki
Hum Pakistan
Aman Ki Asha

Released Albums

Year Album
Tasveer - Vol. 11
Bulbul Ko Phool
Jinan De Mahi Door Vasde
Maa Aur Dhee - Vol.13
Taar Meri Berhi - Vol.5
Aankh Se Aankh Milao - Vol.9
Kabbe Wali Gali Vich Yaar Da Mukaan - Vol.7
Pilade Saqia - Vol.2
Ali Maula Ali - Vol.3
Sufiana Qalaam - Vol. 14
Raba Mera Yaar Morh De - Vol.10
Meri Tauba Karo Qabool - Vol.15
Saher Qareeb Hai - Vol.17
Sher-e-Khuda - Vol.22
Jashan-e-Eid Milad Al Nabi - Vol.21
Best of Khan - Vol.12
Best of Khan Part 2 - Vol.6
Pardesia 2 - Vol.20
Mighty King - Vol.23
Cry For You - Vol. 1
Voices From Above - Vol. 4
Maine Bottle Se Karni Hai Shadi - Vol.8
Maah Jaanda Hoyaa - Vol.4
Aakhan Hijr Tere Ne Laaliyaan - Vol.5
Ishq Ankhiyon Cho Nindraan - Vol.9
Shahsawar-e-Karbala - Vol.6
Best Hits Rahat Fateh Ali Khan
Janasheen - Vol.1
Janasheen - Vol.2
Janasheen - Vol.3
Janasheen - Vol.4
Janasheen - Vol.5
Rut Sawan Ki
Sanu Rog Laun Waleya
Rahat
Aankh Se Ankh Milao
Pardesiya
2007 Charkha
2009 Remembering Nusrat: Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Memorial Concert
2009 Nazrana-e-Aqeedat
2009 Koi Umeed

Soundtrack Pakistani Dramas

Serial Song
Thori Si Wafaa Chahiye Thori Si Wafaa Chahiye
Khuda Zameen Se Gaya Nahin Khuda Zameen Se Gaya Nahin
Meri Zaat Zara-e-Benishan Meri Zaat
Bharday Jholy Bharday Jholy
Anokha Bandan Bewafa
Kaisa Yeh Junoon Kaisa Yeh Junoon
Jhumka Jaan Zindagi Ishq Hai
Chuban Ishq Bhi Hai Chuban
Noor Bano Baat Kar Le
Taluq Taluq
Chein Aye Na Chein Aye Na
Ishq Junoon Deewangi Ishq Junoon Deewangi

Soundtrack Bollywood Movies

Year Movie Song
2004 Paap Laal(Alaap), Mann Ki Lagan
2005 Kalyug Jiya Dhadak Dhadak Jaaye
2006 Omkara Naina
2007 Jhoom Barabar Jhoom Bol Na Halke Halke
2007 Om Shanti Om Jag Soona Soona Lage
2007 Namaste London Main Jahaan Rahoon
2007 Aaja Nachle O Re Piya
2008 Singh Is King Teri Ore
2008 Haal-E-Dil Haal-E-Dil
2008 Woodstock Villa Koi Chala Ja Raha Hai
2008 Dil Kabaddi Zindagi Ye (special appearance)
2009 Aasma:The sky is the limit Man Bawra
2009 Main Aurr Mrs Khanna Rabba
2009 Billu Barber Jahoon Kahan
2009 Love Aaj Kal Ajj Din Chadheya (Winner Best PlayBack Singer in Star Screen Awards)
2009 Dekh Bhai Dekh Aankhon Mein Kyon, Sapne Bhaye Hain
2009 Jag Jeondeyan De Mele (Punjabi) Jag Jeondeyan De Mele
2009 London Dreams Khwab Jo
2009 De Dana Dan Rishte Nate
2009 Veer Surili Akhiyon Wale (Duet)
2010 My Name Is Khan Sajda
2010 Ishqiya Dil To Bachcha Hai Ji
2010 Toh Baat Pakki Phir se
2010 Lahore Musafir
2010 Badmaash Company Fakeera
2010 Virsa(Pakistani) Mein Tenu Samjhawan
2010 I Hate Luv Storys Bahara (Chill Version)
2010 Milenge Milenge Ishq Ki Gali
2010 Once Upon a Time in Mumbai Tum Jo Aaye and Tum Jo Aaye Reprise
2010 Dabaang Tere Mast Mast Do Naina

Hollywood soundtracks

Year Movie
1995 Dead man walking
2002 Four Feathers
2006 Apocalypto

Interview

Ustad Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, student and nephew of legendary Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan rose to fame in a very short span of time. Learnt under the guidance of Late Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Rahat has a deep knowledge of sur and understood the department of the music. Recently, this Pakistani singer was in the national capital to perform on the invitation of Indian Women's Press Corp in conjunction with Indian Council for Cultural Relations. Although Rahat is known as a qawwali singer, he has also composed songs for Bollywood movies like 'Paap' and Kalyug'. Besides, he is composing songs for music director Anu Mallik and Anand Raj Anand.

Will you tell our viewers about yourself?

I am the student and nephew of late Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. I started learning at the age of seven and my first concert was at the age of 11 with my guru in 1985.

What's so special about today's event?

This is my first public performance in Delhi, though I had performed in earlier in the capital on the invitation of Mrs Sonia Gandhi. I am sure today Delhiites will see me singing live , and for a performer it is very exciting. On the other hand, it's a difficult day too as if something goes wrong the audience will immediately react.

Are you going to play any special track for Delhiites?

Maybe but it all depends on the audiences present in the hall.

You have a big name in Bollywood. How did it get possible?

As I am popular in Pakistan being the nephew of Late Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, one day I got a call from Bhatts ( Mahesh Bhat camp ) with a offer to compose song for their movie. I accepted their offer and it began like this.

How the sufi music is so popular?

In today's world everybody is in a hurry and the music is also being made on the fast pace. So, today songs don't make a success. But the sufi music is totally different; anyone can relate the music with himself.

Could music play a vital role in Indo-Pak relations?

Yes, music is playing an important role in bridging the gap between the two countries.

What's making Pakistani bands popular in India?

Pakistani bands are much popular in India as Indian bands are popular in Pakistan. Since the audiences look for change, they accept the new thing that comes their way.

What are your forthcoming albums?

I am working on a lot of things. Besides album, I am also busy in composing for Bollywood music directors like Anu Mallik and Anand Raj Anand.

What are your comments about Rahat Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan? I hope you would love to listen him.
Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
rustychain
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

one of the best Pakistan has ever produced
Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:04 am View user's profile Send private message
I K QAZI

He has kept the traditions of his family.I like him for his Music as well his personality.He is down to earth,humble & modest.

Meri Ashkon Ney Dho Daalay Kitnay Daagh
Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
GPakistan
Pak Newbie

rustychain wrote:
one of the best Pakistan has ever produced

he is good
Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:07 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Narcissus
Pak Newbie

Great Singer Reply with quote
Fan of him... Great voice... but he should pay income tax aswell to the pakistani government...
Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
khanseen
Pak Newbie

really amezing singer my all friend like his songs very nice
Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:30 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
dr.nazish
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

AWESOME SINGER
NICE SHARING

Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:58 pm View user's profile Send private message
jacksmith01122
Pak Newbie

He is one of my favourite singer .His voice is too good and he make the song very happening.
Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:57 pm View user's profile Send private message
Cheenzz
Pak Newbie

one of my favorite singers..
who couldn't like him after Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Smile
Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:06 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
smilespk
Pak Newbie

the legend of pakistan...bus wish ha k pakistan main hi agar inka talent ki qadar ho to yeh bahair na jain

Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:02 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » Celebrity Profiles All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Gupshup Forum: Urdu ForumIslam ForumPakistan Army ForumAap Ka SheharNaukaryPakistani Visa
Desi Sports and News: Live CricketSports ForumAkhbar OnlinePakistan EventsWorld News Discussion
Entertainment Media: PTV ForumGEO ForumLollywood ForumBollywood OnlineHollywood ForumDesi Radio
Desi Masala Forums: Gupshup Chit ChatComputer GamesMusic ForumDrama ForumsGhazal ForumDesi FashionDesi Food
Official Forums (Government Department): Dak Khana ChatPolice ForumWapda OnlinePTCL ForumUfone ForumRailway ForumSehat Chit ChatTaleem OnlineTax Forum PKZameen ForumAdalat Forum

Pure Pakistani forum to express your views, thoughts with complete freedom. Archives 1 2
Copyright © ForumPakistan.com 2013 All rights reserved.

Contact Us | Advertise | Report Abuse | FP Team | Disclaimer