Forum Pakistan
New User? Register | Search | Memberlist | Log in
Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums
Pakistani forum to discuss Pakistani Media, Siasat, Politics Talk Shows, Khaber Akhbar, Khel, Cricket, Film, Dramas, Songs, Videos, Shairy, Shayari, Pyar Mohabbat ki Kahani, Tourism, Hotels, Fashion, Property, Naukary Gupshup and more.
Watch TV OnlineLive RadioListen QuranAkhbarFree SMS PakistanResults OnlineUrdu EditorLollywoodLive Cricket Score
Government DepartmentsKSE Live RatesUseful LinksJobsOnline GamesCheck EmailPromote us
GEO News LiveGEO NewsDawn News Live TVExpress News

PTCL Complaint

Bookmark and Share Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » PTCL Telephone
PTCL Complaint
Shazia
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PTCL Complaint
If you have any complaints regarding PTCL, please feel free to tell it to Pakistani public.

Pak People
Love Pakistan, Love PTV, Love Lollywood, Love Pakistani dramas, films, radio, music and songs, Love Pakistani Products
Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:27 am View user's profile Send private message
ameryusuf
Pak Newbie

SHOCKING!!! Reply with quote
This is about a recent incident happened on 11th September 2007. I am a business representative of NUST Consulting, the organization I am working at. We wanted to move our telephone line from F-10 to G-11 because our office moved and because of that there was an application written to MR. MEHMOOD AHMED to have the line shifted. In order to follow up about the application, I got in touch with MR. IFTIKHAR, SDO PTCL Exchange F-11 and it turned out to be one of the WORST conversations of my life.

Looking at PTCL's new image promotion as being customer-oriented, I am still shocked to how MR. IFTIKHAR treated me. First of all, he started off rudely and then on top of it hung up the phone on me with some very bad "swearing", words that I can not repeat.

I donít blame PTCL for this, but in order to survive in the current fast paced telecom market, PTCL has to do better than employing people like MR. IFTIKHAR, who are not just menace to PTCL but its customers and society. I am aggrieved to the way I have been treated by a company to whom I associate myself as a "CUSTOMER".

Amer Malik
- An Aggrieved Customer
Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:56 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Oedipust
Pak Newbie

PTCL service is pathetic here in Wah Model Town, Wah Cantt.

A number of lines at the moment are damaged and they are never repaird despite hell lot of complaints.

My own experience as follows: Last year my phone went out of order (became dead) in May and only after about 15-20 complaints to PTCL Complaint Office at 18, SDO's office and Line Supervisor's office, they finally fixed the problem in June (I cannot remember the exact dates), but it was just for 2-3 days and then it again went out of order. The same thing happened again and again till the end of November. Roughly, from May 2007 till the end of November 2007, I only had the service available for 20-30% of the time.

Now, it's February 2008 and my line is again cut off by them and I'm complaining again and again without being paid attention.

Last year, somebody told me to pay some bribes to the lineman in your area and then there will be no problem with your phone. But, why should I pay bribes? why should I do this crime? for what hell the PTCL linemen are paid by PTCL?

Kindly forward this to the Admin at PTCL if possible and please also give me suggestions what should I do??????

Thanx
Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
Neeno
Pak Newbie

The GM OPERATIONS
PTCL ISLAMABAD

Subject: COMPLAINT AGAINST REPEATED BREAK DOWN
OF TELEPHONE No 0512292795 LANDLINE INSTALLED AT Flat 5 Block 9E Sector G- 10/3 ISBD

The Subject telephone number got out of order some 7 days back when the F-11 exchange staff installed another line in the neighborhood. Later it turned out that the person who came for installation took some Eidee money and changed the wire line and pairs with the lines of the undersigned. I approached the telephone staff at F-11 Exchange who promised to get the line changed and temporarily repaired the lines. After 2 days the telephone became out of order again and since then I repeatedly contacted the linemen to no avail as they demand Eidee money. Ultimately I approached Mr Nazier SDO on his Mobile No 03335138503 on 27-09-2009 who assured me of getting the telephone line repaired and kept on reminding him every day till he started cutting off my line on his mobile on which I send him SMS messages which he failed to Comply forcing me to approach the higher ups directly. It appears as if his subordinate staff is too busy to collect bribes then to obey their senior

It is requested that My telephone No 0512292795 maybe repaired and an internal inquiry may be held into the affairs of F-11 Exchange so that the subscribers get a sigh of relief from the malpractices of the staff of F-11 Exchange whose efficiency and public dealings have dropped down severely with the recent transfer of Officers from the exchange.

LT ( R) SHUJA NAVEED PN
Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:51 am View user's profile Send private message
hamzah
Pak Newbie

STAY AWAY FROM PTCL SMART TV Reply with quote
with world call droping its quality in service, i decided to get ptcl smart tv as a backup in the event of electricity outage as worldcall no longer guarantees cable services during power outages.. But PTCl SMart tv turned out to be more unreliable than world call.. FRom constant disconnections to shitty customer service..PTCL has truly gone to dogs. i had this 'garbage' service installed in mid september and i cant recall even one week where i havent complained to PTCL. My problems started with the installation. they claim that all you have to do is dial 0800.. no and order online and wait for 10 days, but trust me it never happens.. after 15 days nothing happened. i kept chasing the ppl who answer customer service helpline, but they too could not help. each one would come up with a unique reason, the best reason that i got was " Sir actually the customer has made some changes to the order which is why there is a delay". I lost my cool and screamed to her that im the fuking customer and i made no fuking changes. On the 20th day i gave up and attacked there office near point parktowers. i stormed in and got hold of the senior management. after throwing names and fighting they managed to promise me that it would be done the next day. oh and the shocking thing they said was that they had never recieved any order !!. Once the damn device was installed i thought i could now relax and enjoy there service, but the real trouble was yet to start. Ptcl smart tv is a great service if it works, but it never works.. from the decoder heating up to picture freezing .. there were always problems. Today as i type this my internet disconnects after every 3 mins.. if my internet stops my smart tv stops!.. i have been chasing them for the past 1 week but nothing has happened.. i plan to attack the office again lol.. Plz do not believe anyone when they say PTCL is great.. STAY AWAY FROM IT... i plan to get worlcall DTV and maxcom dsl.. i hear max has excellent customer service. this is my nightmarish experice that is still not over!. so while those who are not victims of ptcl, plz do remember me in your prayers..
Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:42 am View user's profile Send private message
mohib07
World News Moderator
World News Moderator

Woooooooooo

I thought Ptcl has changed, but i think changing the logo doesn't change the efficiency.

Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
S.Ghafoor
Pak Newbie

COMPLAINT Reply with quote
The GM Operations
PTCL Islamabad

Subject: Compliant Against Repeated Break Down of Telephone No. 0524265983 Installed at
House No. A/120 Mohallah Prem Nagar Sialkot City.

The above telephone Number got out of order since a week
Please resolve my problem permanently after changing the wire line which is very old one.
Shahid Ghafoor
Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:55 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Shahid Akbar
Pak Newbie

ptcl slogon is not as they say " feel the differnce" but i would not be bad to say that " feel the pain" there is no any disiplain in regrating the complaints once you got the complaint no like a prisoner than forget about it coz they also forget you.
Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
imran51
Pak Newbie

complaint against PTCL broadband Reply with quote
Well, I have been using this service for last six months. From the 1st day of this service I am facing problems. In short, problem was identified that it was problem at port in exchange but from 1st day of its activation, I am suffering this service and no sufficient action has been taken yet. PTCL technical support providers are just helpless. I can say, PTCL has incompetent technical support staff.
Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:04 am View user's profile Send private message
amara_wasim
Pak Newbie

Need Help Plz... Reply with quote
I applied for PTCL DSL broadband 1 Mbps connection for my home but when it was installed I was told by the technician that it was 512 Mbps. Reason being that PTCL somehow messed up my application. Anyway, he told me that it will be upgraded to 1 Mbps after 2 weeks. Now, itís been 5 months and I am still not getting the bandwidth that I applied for and am still being charged for the 1 Mbps package.

I did talk to the PTCL complaint department but in vain as they donít accept their fault.

Switching to another ISP will not help as at the end its PTCL monopoly since they own the telecom infrastructure.

Is there anyone who can give a valuable advice as to how should I approach the matter?
Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:28 am View user's profile Send private message
amara_wasim
Pak Newbie

Correction Reply with quote
512 Mbps = 512 Kbps.

Thank you.
Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:30 am View user's profile Send private message
iffipk2004
Pak Newbie

Just call at 080080800 or at 1236 for complaint otherwise contact with ur local exchange they will solve ur problem very soon

if all the try will fail then just call at hotline in ISLAM ABAD The number is 080080800 and tell all the situation ur problem will be solved within 24 hours.
Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
boltaconsumer
Pak Newbie

Knowing that its from PTCL, I donít have very high hopes from their customer support. If anyone has every had a good experience with them, please tell us about it. Thanks.
Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
rickyash
Pak Newbie

Unbelieveable! Reply with quote
Can't beliveable this how PTCL treats its clientele....well this is what happens when new talent is forced to work odd jobs and old aged still have their hands-on.
Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
fahad_se
Pak Newbie

PTCL Linemen Mafia (Protected by unseens) Reply with quote
Short Story:
PTCL linemen Mafia is very strong in our country. I applied in February. I have application no. and followed my app. again and again. I have called, write, emailed to PTCL management. They assured that line will be provided soon. But lineman of our area is really a strong party. PTCL management is helpless in front of him. They call, they order, they say or request i don't know. But yet i am unable to get a land line connection.

Reason Behind Lineman's Anger:
He was demanding Rs. 5000/-
I am unable to pay this amount. PTCL management is informed but useless. I did complaint on Chief Minister's Complaint Cell, but who can take action where linemen lobby is going to be a concrete from last 3 decades.

Why I Need?
I need land line for internet service. My all studies and research work depends on it. Another dependability is my earning source. I am a web application developer and it is my only source of income. From last 2 months i am unable to do anything. Before this i was using VPTCL, but now it is not comprising to my needs.

Details:
I am very sorry to all of you but only those people are happy with PTCL who never suffered from this kind of situation. I am studying in MBA. Nobody needs to know that how much economically disturbed we are now a days. Software development is inviting funds towards country.

Here Is My Application No. 30903070012220

Hey, one thing more i have to say; in very first inquiry it was said that there is no spare line near my residency but you know for Rs. 2000/- it was done and line was provide in a house on 40ft. from my house.

Mahaan Lineman's Area Is
Wapda Town Phase2, where he is the only king. No PM, No CM and no management.

I salute you sir, you are great. In fact problem is in your training. You never think positive. You earn from bribery, but never think and you have stopped earning from outside the Pakistan. And from Pakistan, what an be earned?

No jobs here, who will hire us here? For whom we matters?

Here only few departments are favorite.

Anyways, go to hell. I will find out the way to survive but don't forget Linemen Mafia will soon be disclosed to the world.

Everybody knows well, nothing will happen but at least it will be a shame on all those who are protecting such lobbies.
Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:48 am View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fahad_se
Pak Newbie

iffipk2004 wrote:
Just call at 080080800 or at 1236 for complaint otherwise contact with ur local exchange they will solve ur problem very soon

if all the try will fail then just call at hotline in ISLAM ABAD The number is 080080800 and tell all the situation ur problem will be solved within 24 hours.

Yaar, i have done all these but nobody can do anything in front of the King Lineman.
Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:51 am View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fahad_se
Pak Newbie

Re: Need Help Plz... Reply with quote
amara_wasim wrote:
I applied for PTCL DSL broadband 1 Mbps connection for my home but when it was installed I was told by the technician that it was 512 Mbps. Reason being that PTCL somehow messed up my application. Anyway, he told me that it will be upgraded to 1 Mbps after 2 weeks. Now, itís been 5 months and I am still not getting the bandwidth that I applied for and am still being charged for the 1 Mbps package.

I did talk to the PTCL complaint department but in vain as they donít accept their fault.

Switching to another ISP will not help as at the end its PTCL monopoly since they own the telecom infrastructure.

Is there anyone who can give a valuable advice as to how should I approach the matter?

They are enjoying monopoly. Our govt. remain also a bribery lover so who can take notice. Just leave it yaar.
Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:55 am View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
S.Ghafoor
Pak Newbie

Re: COMPLAINT Reply with quote
[quote="S.Ghafoor"]The GM Operations
PTCL Islamabad

Subject: Compliant Against Repeated Break Down of Telephone No. 0524265983 Installed at
House No. A/120 Mohallah Prem Nagar Sialkot City.

The above telephone Number is still out of order
Please resolve my problem permanently repearted permanentaly after changing the wire line which is very old one.
Shahid Ghafoor
Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:32 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bhutto.sau
Pak Newbie

Internet on ptcl Reply with quote
internet on ptcl phone is terriable job, it is not only time cunsuming but monney consuming without any addvantages. it is my suggetion to higher authorties of ptcl please close this service or make efficient because it only source of connection to rullar areas of pakistan, specially for students
Mon May 25, 2009 4:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
faizanfarhat
Pak Newbie

Hardly got 15 days of working DSL in a month (PTCL) Reply with quote
Worst ever experience of my life with any company, Applied for DSL in Local Exchange, within 1 Week Got DSL installed by PTCL agent, HIGHLY PROFESSIONAL agent FORGOT to tell/write ID and password to us, after some day (about a week), Suddenly DSL light on CHEAP ZTE modem disappeared, tried to reset moden then it took me a day to Retrieve my ID and got reset password, from that day for about 30 days, i managed to get only 12 days of working net (total)

Complains on 1218, 0800 number, exchange. no results, they promised me to send lineman (VVIP) but i newer seen him

A man from exchange arrived 2 times, just checked DSL wiring and Internet Setting, nothing happened On second visit he came with spare modem, Same problem on that Modem, and in the presence of him suddenly DSL starts working

LARGEST excuse by exchange peoples is that I have no TELEPHONE SET on that number - 6639260

According to Rule they must verify Line Condition prior to Deploy/install DSL

I hardly managed to get DSL light on my modem, then i can surf net, in 30 days i Hardly got (total) 12 Days of working internet

(I have Student Package 1Mb)
Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
AKHLAQ ALAM
Pak Newbie

Re: COMPLAINT Reply with quote
S.Ghafoor wrote:
The GM Operations
PTCL Islamabad

Subject: Compliant Against Repeated Break Down of Telephone No. 02136941528 Installed at
House No. FL.BB-104,MARIA HILLVIEW,SEC-14-B,NORTH KARACHI

The above telephone Number got out of order since a week
Please resolve my problem permanently after changing the wire line which is very old one.
Irfan Ali Hashmi

Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:25 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
PTCL Pakistan
Pak Newbie

I can represent PTCL here...and I will be happy to answer any question and try my best to sort your issues out!
Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
M_Umer
Pak Newbie

PTCL Pakistan wrote:
I can represent PTCL here...and I will be happy to answer any question and try my best to sort your issues out!

MY 2 NUMBERS OF BLOCK 6, GULSHAN E IQBAL KARACHI, ARE OUT OF SERVICE SINCE LAST 15 DAYS, MY FIRST COMPLAIN ON 1218 WAS LAUNCHED ON 04/12/09 AND TRYING TO CALL D.E. MR. "KHALID IQBAL BUTT" SINCE LAST 4 DAYS, EVERY DAY BUT CANNOT, HIS P.A. SAYS THAT WILL BE OK BY TODAY, BUT NOTHING HAPPENS.
WHAT KIND OF PROBLEM IS THIS WHICH CANNOT BE SOLVED EVEN AFTER 15 DAYS?
THIS SHOWS THE LEVEL OF EFFICIENCY OF PTCL. DE DOES NOT WANT TO TALK AND 1218 COMPLAINS ARE USELESS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW CAN MY PROBLEM BE SOLVED, I AM READY TO PAY ALSO IF REQUIRED.[b]
[/b]
Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
wheelsx
Pak Newbie

new connection Reply with quote
gm ptcl

i have applied 4 a new connection on the 17th of feb , still have not got the new phone line and dsl connection , its better if i have got wateen or witribe.
kindely lookinto the matter

regards
Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:52 am View user's profile Send private message
fam697
Pak Newbie

h#67 qasimnagar qasimabad hyderabad. . .
Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:07 pm View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » PTCL Telephone All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Gupshup Forum: Urdu ForumIslam ForumPakistan Army ForumAap Ka SheharNaukaryPakistani Visa
Desi Sports and News: Live CricketSports ForumAkhbar OnlinePakistan EventsWorld News Discussion
Entertainment Media: PTV ForumGEO ForumLollywood ForumBollywood OnlineHollywood ForumDesi Radio
Desi Masala Forums: Gupshup Chit ChatComputer GamesMusic ForumDrama ForumsGhazal ForumDesi FashionDesi Food
Official Forums (Government Department): Dak Khana ChatPolice ForumWapda OnlinePTCL ForumUfone ForumRailway ForumSehat Chit ChatTaleem OnlineTax Forum PKZameen ForumAdalat Forum

Pure Pakistani forum to express your views, thoughts with complete freedom. Archives 1 2
Copyright © ForumPakistan.com 2013 All rights reserved.

Contact Us | Advertise | Report Abuse | FP Team | Disclaimer