Forum Pakistan
New User? Register | Search | Memberlist | Log in
Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums
Pakistani forum to discuss Pakistani Media, Siasat, Politics Talk Shows, Khaber Akhbar, Khel, Cricket, Film, Dramas, Songs, Videos, Shairy, Shayari, Pyar Mohabbat ki Kahani, Tourism, Hotels, Fashion, Property, Naukary Gupshup and more.
Watch TV OnlineLive RadioListen QuranAkhbarFree SMS PakistanResults OnlineUrdu EditorLollywoodLive Cricket Score
Government DepartmentsKSE Live RatesUseful LinksJobsOnline GamesCheck EmailPromote us
GEO News LiveGEO NewsDawn News Live TVExpress News

NATIONAL ANTHEM OF PAKISTAN

Bookmark and Share

Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » Proud Pakistani
ugwaraich
Senior Proud Pakistani
Senior Proud Pakistani

NATIONAL ANTHEM OF ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF PAKISTAN

English Translation

Blessed be sacred land,
Happy be bounteous relam,
Symbol of high resolve,
Land of Pakistan.
Blessed be thou citadel of faith.
The Order of this Scared Land
Is the might of the brotherhood of the people.
May the nation, the country, and the State
Shine in glory everlasting.
Blessed be the goal of our ambition.
This flag of the Cresent and the Star
Leads the way to progress and perfection,
Interpreter of our past,
glory of our present,
Inspiration of our future,
Symbol of Almighty's protection.

(English translation was taken from pakmission.ca)

I wonder how many of us remember this. some days back I was trying to recall it but couldnt, so just a quick reminder!
Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:23 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Rana Naeem

Good,
I Love Pakistan so much
Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:36 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CyberDuck
5 Star Member
5 Star Member

Pakistan Hamari Shan Pakistan hamari Jaaan Sab say Pehlay PAKISTAN

Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:17 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
surkhaab
Pak Newbie

The whole antham consists of persian words except one (KAA) but then urdu is a mix of arabic,persian and hindi.
Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
CyberDuck
5 Star Member
5 Star Member

surkhaab wrote:
The whole antham consists of persian words except one (KAA) but then urdu is a mix of arabic,persian and hindi.

Urdu Is Mixtur of so many Langauges Smile

Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:55 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kkmemon
Pak Newbie

Thankyou very muchfor reminding us our National Anthem
Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:34 am View user's profile Send private message
jawaid1
Pak Newbie

hi
Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:54 am View user's profile Send private message
DUBALIAN
Pak Newbie

HAM SCHOOL KAY ZAMANAY SAY YA TARANA PARH REHAY HAIN,,,

BUT WE NEVER WERE TOUGHT TO BE AWARE OF THE MEANINGS IT CONTAINS.

ITS JUST A FORMALIY,, PEOPLE STAND, LISTEN AND THEN FORGET....
Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:41 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jawaid1
Pak Newbie

Laughing
Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
Hafizshahid
Pak Newbie

I m very pleased to have this good service of free tv.
Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
jazam
Pak Newbie

yes my friend (DUBALIAN) i agree with u 100% I have many friends with different ethnicities in UK, they all know the meaning of their national anthem unfortunatelly I dont know
Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
ugwaraich
Senior Proud Pakistani
Senior Proud Pakistani

jazam wrote:
yes my friend (DUBALIAN) i agree with u 100% I have many friends with different ethnicities in UK, they all know the meaning of their national anthem unfortunatelly I dont know

guys, meaning of our national anthem are straight forward and simple unless someone is too weak in his/her own mother tongue the URDU. So we should blame ourselves that despite knowing URDU we dont know the meaning of our own national anthem. But anyways I have posted english translation for it as well which should give you the right meaning of national anthem and if someone wants the meaning of national anthem in urdu, I can put up a little effort to write it, just give me a shout!
Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:37 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bhattyhuda
Pak Newbie

May Allah Protect Pakistan! Reply with quote
Oh its been a long time since i have read the anthem.I only knew few words.Me reading this takes me back to my childhood where we had to dress neatly shinnig like a star every friday and sing this every friday.Its a good memmory! Very Happy
Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:44 am View user's profile Send private message
CyberDuck
5 Star Member
5 Star Member

ugwaraich wrote:
jazam wrote:

guys, meaning of our national anthem are straight forward and simple unless someone is too weak in his/her own mother tongue the URDU. So we should blame ourselves that despite knowing URDU we dont know the meaning of our own national anthem. But anyways I have posted english translation for it as well which should give you the right meaning of national anthem and if someone wants the meaning of national anthem in urdu, I can put up a little effort to write it, just give me a shout!

Nice Janab Smile

Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:00 am View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shahzadaali
Pak Newbie

It is perfect Reply with quote
well this is very perfect and great item ive ever seen
Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
momina_momin
Pak Newbie

Pakistan Tarana reply Reply with quote
There is no doubt about this fact that our Quomi tarana is the best. Even if one is not familiar with Farsi, the lyrics do not seem un familiar and the tune is really catching. I love and respect my country and our national anthem. Long live Pakistan,Amen
Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
tkhadi
Pak Newbie

i love pakistan Reply with quote
yes we all should love r country Smile
Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:43 am View user's profile Send private message
mnooi
Pak Newbie

Proud Pakistani Reply with quote
We are Pakistani. Very Happy
Wed May 14, 2008 1:28 am View user's profile Send private message
uzma2007
Pak Newbie

We all Pakistanis pray, heartly pray to our country that "Saya-e-Khuda-e-Zuljalal". May ALLAH keep our country under His blessings.
Mon May 19, 2008 12:52 am View user's profile Send private message
shyamhr
Pak Newbie

Bhai i dont know to read urdu can u pls give it in English
Mon May 19, 2008 7:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
urfi67
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

u can read its translation given at top,,,
Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
phaysal111
Pak Newbie

National Anthem Religion And Pakistani Temperament Reply with quote
Rana Naeem wrote:
Good,
I Love Pakistan so much

One of my brother commented below that we kno our anthem since ages yet we dont know the meanings....Dude this is the temperament of our nation. We all are muslims means follow the arabic based religion yet least caring to know arabic, average age of a Pakistani who finishes Quran is 10 year. But thats just recitation without understanding even a single line. So we are habitual of reading things without going to underline meanings and comprehension. Every sacred document related to this Nation is given a sacred place. Once i attended a Rugby Match between France and England. While French were singing their National Anthem i was really so much dipped in emotions that i wanted to kill every single Brit in the stadium, The Anthem was so powerful and stimulating. As for as our Anthem is concerned its not a layman's language. None can understand, Faiz Ahmad Faiz's Hum dekhaingay Lazim hai k hum bhi dekhaingay Is faar more powerful and stimulating and appealing to me than this Anthem. The Qafeez of Bullay shah is more effective in some cases than the verses of Quran even Quran carries the supreme place in our heart. This is the dilema of our nation. We do import but we dont encode. Rather there is a power in our country that doesnt want us to encode these imported sacred things. National Anthem is a unifying factor, in Pakistan it doesnt work. None of the sindhis balochis punjabis pathans or anyone stand together emotionally while listening to this Anthem. A sacred institution, A unifying factor is useless. i do want your comments on this
Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
aliraza_arid
Pak Newbie

zindabad Reply with quote
Pakistan Paaendabad
Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
irumtje
Pak Newbie

pakistan zindabad
Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:06 am View user's profile Send private message
ugwaraich
Senior Proud Pakistani
Senior Proud Pakistani

Re: National Anthem Religion And Pakistani Temperament Reply with quote
phaysal111 wrote:
Rana Naeem wrote:
Good,
I Love Pakistan so much

One of my brother commented below that we kno our anthem since ages yet we dont know the meanings....Dude this is the temperament of our nation. We all are muslims means follow the arabic based religion yet least caring to know arabic, average age of a Pakistani who finishes Quran is 10 year. But thats just recitation without understanding even a single line. So we are habitual of reading things without going to underline meanings and comprehension. Every sacred document related to this Nation is given a sacred place. Once i attended a Rugby Match between France and England. While French were singing their National Anthem i was really so much dipped in emotions that i wanted to kill every single Brit in the stadium, The Anthem was so powerful and stimulating. As for as our Anthem is concerned its not a layman's language. None can understand, Faiz Ahmad Faiz's Hum dekhaingay Lazim hai k hum bhi dekhaingay Is faar more powerful and stimulating and appealing to me than this Anthem. The Qafeez of Bullay shah is more effective in some cases than the verses of Quran even Quran carries the supreme place in our heart. This is the dilema of our nation. We do import but we dont encode. Rather there is a power in our country that doesnt want us to encode these imported sacred things. National Anthem is a unifying factor, in Pakistan it doesnt work. None of the sindhis balochis punjabis pathans or anyone stand together emotionally while listening to this Anthem. A sacred institution, A unifying factor is useless. i do want your comments on this

Phaysal, you are missing very important points here mate. You want your national anthem to be as simple as a layman's language. The reason why you got emotional singing French national anthem is not because Pakistani national anthem is not encoded well its because, you donot understand as good urdu as you know french and its a pity that being Pakistanis we dont even know what does our national anthem mean and we should rather blame ourselves for this and not the powers who encoded the national anthem. We should all understand and promote urdu as we do other languages such as english and french. I am sure there is a majority of people in Pakistan who know better english than urdu; so when you dont know urdu how come you would feel the effectiveness of Iqbal's ideology, his philosophy and how come you could feel emotional about national anthem.
To be honest I feel much emotional while singing Pakistani national anthem than any other, its only because I know good level of urdu; I also believe that Iqbal is the most prestigeous and top philosopher ever on the face of this earth and he is the most influential man I ever read;; you know why? because I have fair knowledge of urdu language and its easy for me to understand his verses and poems; so the point is you and most people like you are not giving reasonable importance to Urdu language, if you do you will surely feel emotional about this anthem and if you do you will not have difficulty to understand the National Anthem of Pakistan. So blame yourself, blame those who dont know urdu very well and this is how we are losing our dignity our identity as a nation that we dont even know our own national language.
Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:20 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » Proud Pakistani All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Gupshup Forum: Urdu ForumIslam ForumPakistan Army ForumAap Ka SheharNaukaryPakistani Visa
Desi Sports and News: Live CricketSports ForumAkhbar OnlinePakistan EventsWorld News Discussion
Entertainment Media: PTV ForumGEO ForumLollywood ForumBollywood OnlineHollywood ForumDesi Radio
Desi Masala Forums: Gupshup Chit ChatComputer GamesMusic ForumDrama ForumsGhazal ForumDesi FashionDesi Food
Official Forums (Government Department): Dak Khana ChatPolice ForumWapda OnlinePTCL ForumUfone ForumRailway ForumSehat Chit ChatTaleem OnlineTax Forum PKZameen ForumAdalat Forum

Pure Pakistani forum to express your views, thoughts with complete freedom. Archives 1 2
Copyright © ForumPakistan.com 2013 All rights reserved.

Contact Us | Advertise | Report Abuse | FP Team | Disclaimer