Forum Pakistan
New User? Register | Search | Memberlist | Log in
Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums
Pakistani forum to discuss Pakistani Media, Siasat, Politics Talk Shows, Khaber Akhbar, Khel, Cricket, Film, Dramas, Songs, Videos, Shairy, Shayari, Pyar Mohabbat ki Kahani, Tourism, Hotels, Fashion, Property, Naukary Gupshup and more.
Watch TV OnlineLive RadioListen QuranAkhbarFree SMS PakistanResults OnlineUrdu EditorLollywoodLive Cricket Score
Government DepartmentsKSE Live RatesUseful LinksJobsOnline GamesCheck EmailPromote us
GEO News LiveGEO NewsDawn News Live TVExpress News

Murree

Bookmark and Share Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » You and your shehar
Murree
pakistani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Murree
Beautiful city of Murree

Forum Pakistan
Be proud to be a Pakistani (instead of being a Punjabi, Sindhi, Baloch or Pushtoon)
Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:24 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
lubna
Pak Newbie

Murree is great city of Pakistan. People from all over the country come here to see its beauti, specially in the season of Summer. Its situated near capital city of Islamabad.

Murree is a hill station, full of natural ceneries, greenary. It is a cold city, even sometimes with in summer one need to use blanket. Famous places are Mall and Kashmir Point.

There are some other places in the sorrounding to view, including Bhorban, Nathya Gali, Ghora Gali, Ayubia, Pathreyata etc. I think everybody should visit Murree to see the natural beauti of Pakistan.
Sat May 19, 2007 2:50 am View user's profile Send private message
Zeba
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

WOW murree is a beautiful and so entertainning place in pakistan

people all over the world have come there in summer sission

just i want to say that

muree is a great place to spend our summer holidays

Wed May 23, 2007 4:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
Shazia
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Pictures from beautiul Murree and sorroundings.

Pak People
Love Pakistan, Love PTV, Love Lollywood, Love Pakistani dramas, films, radio, music and songs, Love Pakistani Products
Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
atractive girl
Pak Newbie

muree ki tu bat he choro
bhut he zaberdast jaga hain i like it 2 mch
Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:15 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Green Eyes
Senior Member Pakistani
Senior Member Pakistani

Muree Reply with quote

Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:25 am View user's profile Send private message
Green Eyes
Senior Member Pakistani
Senior Member Pakistani

Re: Muree Reply with quote
Murree (hills and city) (Urdu: مری) is a popular hill station and a summer resort, especially for the residents of Islamabad, and for the cities of the province of Punjab, Pakistan.

Murree is one of the largest resort towns in the Galyat area of Pakistan, and is the capital city of Murree tehsil (which is an administrative division of the Rawalpindi District). It adjoins the proposed tehsil of Circle Bakote in the Abbottabad region. During the British Raj, its altitude was originally established at 7,000 feet, but its present accepted altitude is 2,300 m (7,500 ft) above sea level.

Murree is accessible by road from the centre of the Islamabad/Rawalpindi area. It is still associated with Britain; many British fruits (including cherries, raspberries and strawberries) thrive locally. There is a church, built in 1857, located at the centre of the town, which is still used as a place of worship. Many houses around the church are still standing, functioning mostly as hotels. Old traditional restaurants have been replaced by fast food shops and newer restaurants. Some old places of accommodation, such as the Rich Villa Inn and Gulberg Hotel, have completely disappeared. A typical hotel usually provides a motel type accommodation with breakfast and communication access. Newly built hotels are also accessible.

Murree has expanded since 1947 at a rate much greater than that which its infrastructure can sustain. Securing water and electricity supplies has been a constant challenge. The jam-packed bazaar has caught fire a number of times in the last century, and the growth of tourism and a construction boom have left bare hills in their wake.

History
Murree is an example of a hill station set up by the British in the hills of Hazara and Galyat during the mid 19th century. Founded in 1851 by the Governor of Punjab, Sir Henry Lawrence, Murree was originally established for the British troops garrisoned on the Afghan frontier in Rawalpindi[1].

The permanent town of Murree was constructed at Sunnybank in 1853. The church was sanctified in May 1857, and the main road, The Mall, was built. The most significant commercial establishments, the Post Office, general merchants with European goods, tailors and a millinery, were established opposite the church. Until 1947, access to the Mall was restricted for non-Europeans.

Until 1876, Murree was the summer headquarters of the Punjab Local Government, which was later moved to Simla.

The railway connection with Lahore, the capital of the Punjab Province, made Murree a popular resort for Punjab officials, and the villas and other houses erected for the accommodation of English families gave it a European aspect. It was described in the Gazetteer of the Rawalpindi District, 1893-94:

“ The sanatorium of Murree lied in north latitude 33 54' 30" and east longitude 73 26' 30", at an elevation of 7,517 feet above sea level, and contained a standing population of 1,768 inhabitants, which was, however, enormously increased during the [May-November] season by the influx of visitors and their attendant servants, and shopkeepers. It is the most accessible hillstation in the Punjab, being distant from Rawalpindi only a five hours' journey by tonga dak. Magnificent views are to be obtained in the spring and autumn of the snow crowned mountains of Kashmir; and gorgeous sunset and cloud effects seen daily during the rains [July-August]. Part of the station, especially the Kashmir end, are also well wooded and pretty.[2] ”

Part of the station, especially the Bhurban, Rawat, Osia, Dewal, and adjoining Circle Bakote 1st Union Council Birote, are also well wooded and pretty.

“ People who plan to go to Murree, usually also go to Nathia Gali, Ayubia, Dunga Gali, Khaira Gali, Changla Gali, Patriata, Bhurban, Jhika Gali, Mohra Sharif Murree, Abbottabad and Thandiani. ”

The British Raj quickened the pulse of the district when it took control of the Murree Hills, but the quiet routine of the ordinary hillman was never seriously interrupted or changed. During the Raj, the hills and valleys of Murree had more dense forests than today. It even had a variety of wild life. It is difficult to say when, where and how the first human dwelling started on Murree hills. From the layman’s point of view, it happened roughly a thousand years back. This assumption is based upon the study of old graves and centuries old plants found growing in the vicinity. The construction and style of graves, the direction in which they are made also help in determining their age.

1857 War of Independence
In the summer of 1857, the local tribes of Murree and Hazara, including the Abbasi and Tanoli, planned to attack the British Army. The campaign was led by the chief of the Abbasi tribe, Sardar Sherbaz Khan, and by Malik Nawab Bahadur Khan Tanoli. They fought respectably against the British Army, giving the British considerable difficulties. The British Army eventually signed an agreement with the local Abbasi tribe, which was refused by the Tanoli tribe, dividing the opposition to the British. The British Army later ignored the agreement to take control of Murree again. Malik Nawab Bahadur Khan Tanoli became notorious as the toughest opponent in the subcontinent.

Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:59 am View user's profile Send private message
Riya
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

Re: Muree Reply with quote
Green Eyes wrote:
Murree (hills and city) (Urdu: مری) is a popular hill station and a summer resort, especially for the residents of Islamabad, and for the cities of the province of Punjab, Pakistan.

Murree is one of the largest resort towns in the Galyat area of Pakistan, and is the capital city of Murree tehsil (which is an administrative division of the Rawalpindi District). It adjoins the proposed tehsil of Circle Bakote in the Abbottabad region. During the British Raj, its altitude was originally established at 7,000 feet, but its present accepted altitude is 2,300 m (7,500 ft) above sea level.

Murree is accessible by road from the centre of the Islamabad/Rawalpindi area. It is still associated with Britain; many British fruits (including cherries, raspberries and strawberries) thrive locally. There is a church, built in 1857, located at the centre of the town, which is still used as a place of worship. Many houses around the church are still standing, functioning mostly as hotels. Old traditional restaurants have been replaced by fast food shops and newer restaurants. Some old places of accommodation, such as the Rich Villa Inn and Gulberg Hotel, have completely disappeared. A typical hotel usually provides a motel type accommodation with breakfast and communication access. Newly built hotels are also accessible.

Murree has expanded since 1947 at a rate much greater than that which its infrastructure can sustain. Securing water and electricity supplies has been a constant challenge. The jam-packed bazaar has caught fire a number of times in the last century, and the growth of tourism and a construction boom have left bare hills in their wake.

History
Murree is an example of a hill station set up by the British in the hills of Hazara and Galyat during the mid 19th century. Founded in 1851 by the Governor of Punjab, Sir Henry Lawrence, Murree was originally established for the British troops garrisoned on the Afghan frontier in Rawalpindi[1].

The permanent town of Murree was constructed at Sunnybank in 1853. The church was sanctified in May 1857, and the main road, The Mall, was built. The most significant commercial establishments, the Post Office, general merchants with European goods, tailors and a millinery, were established opposite the church. Until 1947, access to the Mall was restricted for non-Europeans.

Until 1876, Murree was the summer headquarters of the Punjab Local Government, which was later moved to Simla.

The railway connection with Lahore, the capital of the Punjab Province, made Murree a popular resort for Punjab officials, and the villas and other houses erected for the accommodation of English families gave it a European aspect. It was described in the Gazetteer of the Rawalpindi District, 1893-94:

“ The sanatorium of Murree lied in north latitude 33 54' 30" and east longitude 73 26' 30", at an elevation of 7,517 feet above sea level, and contained a standing population of 1,768 inhabitants, which was, however, enormously increased during the [May-November] season by the influx of visitors and their attendant servants, and shopkeepers. It is the most accessible hillstation in the Punjab, being distant from Rawalpindi only a five hours' journey by tonga dak. Magnificent views are to be obtained in the spring and autumn of the snow crowned mountains of Kashmir; and gorgeous sunset and cloud effects seen daily during the rains [July-August]. Part of the station, especially the Kashmir end, are also well wooded and pretty.[2] ”

Part of the station, especially the Bhurban, Rawat, Osia, Dewal, and adjoining Circle Bakote 1st Union Council Birote, are also well wooded and pretty.

“ People who plan to go to Murree, usually also go to Nathia Gali, Ayubia, Dunga Gali, Khaira Gali, Changla Gali, Patriata, Bhurban, Jhika Gali, Mohra Sharif Murree, Abbottabad and Thandiani. ”

The British Raj quickened the pulse of the district when it took control of the Murree Hills, but the quiet routine of the ordinary hillman was never seriously interrupted or changed. During the Raj, the hills and valleys of Murree had more dense forests than today. It even had a variety of wild life. It is difficult to say when, where and how the first human dwelling started on Murree hills. From the layman’s point of view, it happened roughly a thousand years back. This assumption is based upon the study of old graves and centuries old plants found growing in the vicinity. The construction and style of graves, the direction in which they are made also help in determining their age.

1857 War of Independence
In the summer of 1857, the local tribes of Murree and Hazara, including the Abbasi and Tanoli, planned to attack the British Army. The campaign was led by the chief of the Abbasi tribe, Sardar Sherbaz Khan, and by Malik Nawab Bahadur Khan Tanoli. They fought respectably against the British Army, giving the British considerable difficulties. The British Army eventually signed an agreement with the local Abbasi tribe, which was refused by the Tanoli tribe, dividing the opposition to the British. The British Army later ignored the agreement to take control of Murree again. Malik Nawab Bahadur Khan Tanoli became notorious as the toughest opponent in the subcontinent.

Nice Information

Good work Keep it up !!
Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
Sohni
Pak Newbie

hy Reply with quote
hy
Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:03 am View user's profile Send private message
Riya
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

Re: hy Reply with quote
Sohni wrote:
hy

Welcome To

r u from Murree? !!! How's Weather Going on there ?
Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
sabilal_lhr
Pak Newbie

awsome pics
Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
Aatish
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

A kool station,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I have been to muree for round about 50 or more than 50 times.

A lovely Romantic and cloudy atmosphere................

Now its too fun n enjoying travel to new muree.................

Wht about the chairlifts???????????//

me and my friends used to stand under the chairlifts on the road and those guys gurls and couples who passed in

chairlifts we used to tease them with politness.....

wht was the wonderful moments.................

Once a time last year when i n my friends standing on the road teasing people who ws passing through chairlifts ..One

stare mee and said I KNOW u .... U guys r from that area.........

I was really shocked.. When he said that .. i saidddd dear bro galty hoo gayeee give me sorryyy for this.....

I didnot tease u in bad way .............

So he stare me again ..................

Because in Mureee everyone chill out there talking to another groups because goes there for fun, enjoyment,,,,,

Now i have passed one year without go to mureee.....

i usually go to there in a year. when Mall road full around with people...................

I usually sit there on mall roadd for late times............
Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:58 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
adeebafarooq
Pak Newbie

murri is greet city of pakistan.....
Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
azharshah1
Pak Newbie

Good to See these pic but it all Nathiagali Pics Reply with quote
Good to See these pic but it all Nathiagali Pics for Murree pics visit
www.murree.biz

Shazia wrote:
Pictures from beautiul Murree and sorroundings.

Tue May 25, 2010 6:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
jigry
Pak Newbie

Murree Reply with quote
My city it is the best
Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
maliksaim
Full PK Member
Full PK Member

Muree is beautiful place i really like it .........
Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:45 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
tahir_mq
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

Location of the Pic - From Murree to Islamabad Reply with quote
[b]Can some one please tell me the Location of the Picture.
It was some were on the way back from Murree to Islamabad.

I was trying to search on the Google Earth but did not find.

Please Help.
Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:31 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tahir_mq
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

Picture Location - From Murree to Islamabad Reply with quote
Can some one please tell me the Location of the Picture.

Please Help.

On panoramio /photo/60795378
Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:37 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tahir_mq
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

If any one "Murree Expert" knows the location of the Picture.
It was somewhere from Murree going to Islamabad on the new road.

GPS coordinates is possible.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65298718@N03/6434982079/
Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:44 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tahir_mq
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

GPS coordinates if possible.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7011/6434982079_b34793f479_b.jpg
Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:47 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jone3
Pak Newbie

lubna wrote:
Murree is great city of Pakistan. People from all over the country come here to see its beauti, specially in the season of Summer. Its situated near capital city of Islamabad.

Murree is a hill station, full of natural ceneries, greenary. It is a cold city, even sometimes with in summer one need to use blanket. Famous places are Mall and Kashmir Point.

There are some other places in the sorrounding to view, including Bhorban, Nathya Gali, Ghora Gali, Ayubia, Pathreyata etc. I think everybody should visit Murree to see the natural beauti of Pakistan.

i never go there
Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
jone3
Pak Newbie

Re: Location of the Pic - From Murree to Islamabad Reply with quote
tahir_mq wrote:
[b]Can some one please tell me the Location of the Picture.

Please Help.

download from filehippo. c o m
Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
jone3
Pak Newbie

Re: Location of the Pic - From Murree to Islamabad Reply with quote
tahir_mq wrote:

GPS coordinates is possible.

/

nice photo
Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
jone3
Pak Newbie

Re: Picture Location - From Murree to Islamabad Reply with quote
tahir_mq wrote:
Can some one please tell me the Location of the Picture.

Please Help.

On panoramio /photo/60795378

its a software and could find it on softpedia
Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
tahir_mq
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

It was on the way back from Murree to Islamabad, the Driver said that the there is a location with a small water fall where we will stop. it was in 2009.

I tried a lot search the location on the Google Earth, but did not find.
Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:02 am View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » You and your shehar All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Gupshup Forum: Urdu ForumIslam ForumPakistan Army ForumAap Ka SheharNaukaryPakistani Visa
Desi Sports and News: Live CricketSports ForumAkhbar OnlinePakistan EventsWorld News Discussion
Entertainment Media: PTV ForumGEO ForumLollywood ForumBollywood OnlineHollywood ForumDesi Radio
Desi Masala Forums: Gupshup Chit ChatComputer GamesMusic ForumDrama ForumsGhazal ForumDesi FashionDesi Food
Official Forums (Government Department): Dak Khana ChatPolice ForumWapda OnlinePTCL ForumUfone ForumRailway ForumSehat Chit ChatTaleem OnlineTax Forum PKZameen ForumAdalat Forum

Pure Pakistani forum to express your views, thoughts with complete freedom. Archives 1 2
Copyright © ForumPakistan.com 2013 All rights reserved.

Contact Us | Advertise | Report Abuse | FP Team | Disclaimer