Forum Pakistan
New User? Register | Search | Memberlist | Log in
Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums
Pakistani forum to discuss Pakistani Media, Siasat, Politics Talk Shows, Khaber Akhbar, Khel, Cricket, Film, Dramas, Songs, Videos, Shairy, Shayari, Pyar Mohabbat ki Kahani, Tourism, Hotels, Fashion, Property, Naukary Gupshup and more.
Watch TV OnlineLive RadioListen QuranAkhbarFree SMS PakistanResults OnlineUrdu EditorLollywoodLive Cricket Score
Government DepartmentsKSE Live RatesUseful LinksJobsOnline GamesCheck EmailPromote us
GEO News LiveGEO NewsDawn News Live TVExpress News

Its time for action !!!

Bookmark and Share

Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » Pakistani News and Events
Its time for action !!!
ateebih
Pak Newbie

Its time for action !!!
Although, I have also signed 2 petitions against the so-called emergency (1 online & 1 offline), I believe that these petitions will have limited use.... The country is being run by a "dictator" whose greed for "absolute power" has transgressed all boundaries of decency, patriotism, & humanity.

I believe that we are standing at a defining moment in history. Prior to the dramatic revolutions in political thought of the 17th & 18th centuries, the prosperity of a European kingdom or country depended in large part on the quality of the king. If you had a good king, then you had a good kingdom. Now compare the good-king frame of reference with the approach taken at the founding of US. The critical question at the Constitutional Convention in 1787 was not "Who should be president? Who should lead us? Who is the wisest among us? Who would be the best king?" No, the founders of the country concentrated on such questions as "What processes can we create that will give us good presidents long after we're dead and gone? Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and John Adams were not in the "it all depends on me" mode. No, they focused on building a country........building the institutions !!!

Unfortunately, we as a nation still live in the "dark ages" with a good king / bad king mentality. Its time for action ! We need to get out on the streets to protect our institutions ! to protect our constitution ! & all our efforts should be focused towards it ! Sitting in air conditioned rooms & signing online petitions wont be much of a help !

PS: I am a student of IBA (Institute of Business Administration) & I have no intentions of sitting in my home....even if I have to go to jail for my country.
Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
umer
Pak Newbie

time for action Reply with quote
musharaf must be tried under article 6 and hanged
Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:07 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » Pakistani News and Events All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Gupshup Forum: Urdu ForumIslam ForumPakistan Army ForumAap Ka SheharNaukaryPakistani Visa
Desi Sports and News: Live CricketSports ForumAkhbar OnlinePakistan EventsWorld News Discussion
Entertainment Media: PTV ForumGEO ForumLollywood ForumBollywood OnlineHollywood ForumDesi Radio
Desi Masala Forums: Gupshup Chit ChatComputer GamesMusic ForumDrama ForumsGhazal ForumDesi FashionDesi Food
Official Forums (Government Department): Dak Khana ChatPolice ForumWapda OnlinePTCL ForumUfone ForumRailway ForumSehat Chit ChatTaleem OnlineTax Forum PKZameen ForumAdalat Forum

Pure Pakistani forum to express your views, thoughts with complete freedom. Archives 1 2
Copyright © ForumPakistan.com 2013 All rights reserved.

Contact Us | Advertise | Report Abuse | FP Team | Disclaimer