Forum Pakistan
New User? Register | Search | Memberlist | Log in
Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums
Pakistani forum to discuss Pakistani Media, Siasat, Politics Talk Shows, Khaber Akhbar, Khel, Cricket, Film, Dramas, Songs, Videos, Shairy, Shayari, Pyar Mohabbat ki Kahani, Tourism, Hotels, Fashion, Property, Naukary Gupshup and more.
Watch TV OnlineLive RadioListen QuranAkhbarFree SMS PakistanResults OnlineUrdu EditorLollywoodLive Cricket Score
Government DepartmentsKSE Live RatesUseful LinksJobsOnline GamesCheck EmailPromote us
GEO News LiveGEO NewsDawn News Live TVExpress News

IBM says it will invest 1.5 billion$ more in India in 2008

Bookmark and Share

Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » World News and Events
rohit_bangalore
Indian Propaganda
Indian Propaganda

Feb 03 2008

Mumbai (PTI): Betting big on India's fast growing IT security demand, global IT giant IBM is planning to increase its investments in India out of its USD 1.5 billion global security budget this year.

IBM has chosen India as one of the three global destinations to deploy its security researchers.

"We are gearing up to cater to the global market opportunity for security spend, which is around USD 100 billion. We are planning to increase investments in our two software laboratories in Pune and Bangalore in 2008," IBM's Worldwide Evangelist for Security Pierre Noel told PTI.

This investment, which would come as part of IBM's USD 1.5 billion security initiative, will fund the IT major's ongoing projects to develop new security products in India, Noel said.

In 2006, IBM had said that it would treble its investment to USD 6 billion by 2009 with a view to enhance its presence in the fast-growing domestic market.

With India among the leading economies in emerging markets, the country has become a favourable investment destination for global IT majors like Microsoft and Google.

Google made its debut as an investor in domestic venture capital funds in January last year by investing USD 3.75 million in a domestic seed-fund, which had a total size of USD 13 million.

While Google and Microsoft have hinted more India-centric investments, IBM is understood to have focused more on the country's security services market.

According to IBM, it has signed services deals worth USD 1.4 billion in Q4 FY08 in India and has identified the country as one of the three global destinations to deploy IBM researchers in security initiatives, with the other two being Germany and Japan.

"We will also deploy over 200 IBM researchers in three research labs across the world, with one of them being India, while other two being Zurich and Tokyo," Noel said.

However, he declined to divulge further details about the project.

IBM is also understood to have plans to invest in a series of marketing events, focusing on security and risk mitigation, which will target on the Indian enterprises.

In order to broaden its portfolio, IBM had exercised a series of acquisitions in the estimated USD 22 billion global security services market, including the USD 1.3 billion acquisition of the US-based Internet Security Systems in 2006.

This was followed by the acquisitions of Netherlands-based Consul Risk Management and US company Watchfire, in January and July, 2007, respectively.

At present, IBM has two research labs in Delhi and Banglore and runs two other development labs in Pune and Bangalore, fully engaged in security-related researches.

As on December 31, 2007, IBM has an employee strength of nearly 73,000 in the country and the number is expected to go up in the months ahead.
Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
rohit_bangalore
Indian Propaganda
Indian Propaganda

IBM india consists of about 73000 people in india......its largest IBM development centre in world........

They have IBM Gbs(global business support).Gtc(global tech support),Isl(Ibm software research lab.)

and it has call centers in india...........

Staffs:

GBS:30000
Gtc:28000

ISl:5000-6000

Call center:10000
Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
psychoKID
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

lols
Make urself satisfied and happy frm there investment in india Very Happy

never do something by urself u loosers Razz

I pray one day we all hear a news "IBM Purchased India for dollar _____ million" lolssssssssssssssss i wish, oh GOD i wish Wink

Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
psychoKID
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

thanks GOD, IBM in not investing anything in Pakistan ... or im afraid tht Rohit Bahi call IBM as terrorists and extremist party of pakistan also Razz

Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
trueindia
Indian Propaganda
Indian Propaganda

Quote:
lols
Make urself satisfied and happy frm there investment in india

never do something by urself u loosers

I pray one day we all hear a news "IBM Purchased India for dollar _____ million" lolssssssssssssssss i wish, oh GOD i wish

By showing disrespect to a flag,u r proving ur worth!!

IBM is not doing help to india!!They need the human power ,so they invest in india!!

And india's information tech was lead by TCS,INFOSYS,WIPRO,CTS,SATYAM..

there are 29 indian software companies in top100 companies of world.Once IBM thought,it wll lose its market,it came to india to invest..They are gaining more than indians!!
IBM market caps is only 70 billion $..They cant even buy india's top 3 software compamy(TCS,INFOSYS,WIPRO)..

They cant even buy Reliance alone!!!

And for ur info,IBM india is the largest development center after USA...they have 8 development center........

In bangalore they have 4 of them alone...
1 in pune
1in hyderabad
1 in delhi
1 in kolkata
1 in chennai
1 in mumbai
Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
psychoKID
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

trueindia wrote:
Quote:
lols
Make urself satisfied and happy frm there investment in india

never do something by urself u loosers

I pray one day we all hear a news "IBM Purchased India for dollar _____ million" lolssssssssssssssss i wish, oh GOD i wish

By showing disrespect to a flag,u r proving ur worth!!

IBM is not doing help to india!!They need the human power ,so they invest in india!!

And india's information tech was lead by TCS,INFOSYS,WIPRO,CTS,SATYAM..

there are 29 indian software companies in top100 companies of world.Once IBM thought,it wll lose its market,it came to india to invest..They are gaining more than indians!!
IBM market caps is only 70 billion $..They cant even buy india's top 3 software compamy(TCS,INFOSYS,WIPRO)..

They cant even buy Reliance alone!!!

And for ur info,IBM india is the largest development center after USA...they have 8 development center........

In bangalore they have 4 of them alone...
1 in pune
1in hyderabad
1 in delhi
1 in kolkata
1 in chennai
1 in mumbai

In those 29 Indian Software companies, first check who got the highest shares ...............
And why do u think they are getting man power from india? coz they are genius? noooooooo ..... just coz they are cheap .. and easy to afford ....

Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:03 am View user's profile Send private message
psychoKID
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

im glad, there is one more looser from india here .............

Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:06 am View user's profile Send private message
trueindia
Indian Propaganda
Indian Propaganda

mr psycho ,u r not aware of indian academic system.

Indians produce top 10 research papers.u can check citation index of research journals

i m nt accountint american based NRI...Then indians will be top 4 in research world!!

India is a big country..Education is top emphasis in india!!

U havent read/heard the research going on in india in software,IT,Telecom,Chip design,Pharmaceutical,Biotech,Nano tech

In india there are 2+milllion people on IT>...Only 20-25% people are involved with BPO..

IBM india has IBM research lab,IBM software labs which have 5000 employees

Microsoft:4000
Intel:2000
AMD:1500
Google:1200
Cisco:3000
Adobe:1000
Yahoo:1200
Symantec(Norton):2500
Philips:4000
Nokia:3000
Motorola:2000
Analog device:1000
Infineon:
Citrix:500
Amazon:400
AOL:200
Intuit:700
Samsung:5000
National instrument:1000
Mcafee:3000
TCS research:4000
WIpro research:3000
SAtyam research:2000
Infosys research:5000

There is no company in the world that doesnt do research in india

Pharma:

1)Glaxo
2)Ranbaxy
3)Dr reddy
4)Novartis
5)Matrix
6)Merck
7)Cipla

i m nt boasting!!

but in software out of 50 billion $ of revenue only 11 billion $ comes from BPO..

All telecom companies are doing research in india

Mcafee:does 40% research from india
Microsoft:mainly in window mobile and XP pacage2
Google:Google OS team in india
Adobe:CS2 pagemaker,flash mainly from india

In india out of 10 laks software employee are doing development with mass recruiter like TCS,infosys,capgemeni,Accenture,IBM,CTS,Satyam.......

4-5 laks software professionals are working on research....

U can google todays news........Cisco wants to increase network professionals from 60000 to 3.6 lak..

Indians are doing high end research..

pepsi,adobe,citybank,vodafone and there are many giants who are headed by india..

In silicon valley still there are 5-6 laks indian software professionals..

in india 1 college produces 500-1000 PHD alone...........

i think u can do a lot of reading about india..
its all on net!!nothing2 boast off!!
Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:33 am View user's profile Send private message
trueindia
Indian Propaganda
Indian Propaganda

mr psycho:

in top 29 indian companies:
Revenue for 2007-08 estimates are :

yearly Revenue

TCS: 5.5 billion $
Infosys: 4.8 billion $
Wipro: 4.6 billion $
CTS: 4 billion$
Satyam: 4.4 billion $
Iflex: 1 billion$

and there are others 10 who are close to 750-1000 million $

and there are other 13 who are in range of 100-750 million $
Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:39 am View user's profile Send private message
ugwaraich
Senior Proud Pakistani
Senior Proud Pakistani

trueindia wrote:

Indians produce top 10 research papers.u can check citation index of research journals

i m nt accountint american based NRI...Then indians will be top 4 in research world!!

U havent read/heard the research going on in india in software,IT,Telecom,Chip design,Pharmaceutical,Biotech,Nano tech

In india there are 2+milllion people on IT>...Only 20-25% people are involved with BPO..

Infineon:

Pharma:

1)Glaxo
2)Ranbaxy
3)Dr reddy
4)Novartis
5)Matrix
6)Merck
7)Cipla

i m nt boasting!!

but in software out of 50 billion $ of revenue only 11 billion $ comes from BPO..

In india out of 10 laks software employee are doing development with mass recruiter like TCS,infosys,capgemeni,Accenture,IBM,CTS,Satyam.......

U can google todays news........Cisco wants to increase network professionals from 60000 to 3.6 lak..

pepsi,adobe,citybank,vodafone and there are many giants who are headed by india..

apart from all that rubbish being sent by indians and to indians on this forum, the information you are presenting here might be a fact.

Now the trick is india is more than 1 billion people now, so of course when you have more than 1/4th of the world population then you produce loads of phds, professionals, engineers doctors or whatever, because you are already too many people. The reason why industrial and techonlogical giants are investing in india is because of the manpower in india is very cheap also they are educated to a proportion to bear a technological industry. Again why? because indians are too many, india has its own economy which if you say has a big share of macro economy of this world and affects it in turn in other words india is a big consumer of products and that is why it is a big producer as well; why? because indians are again too many.
I hope you take it +vely.
Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:44 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
trueindia
Indian Propaganda
Indian Propaganda

ugwaraich wrote:
trueindia wrote:

Infineon:

Pharma:

1)Glaxo
2)Ranbaxy
3)Dr reddy
4)Novartis
5)Matrix
6)Merck
7)Cipla

i m nt boasting!!

apart from all that rubbish being sent by indians and to indians on this forum, the information you are presenting here might be a fact.

Now the trick is india is more than 1 billion people now, so of course when you have more than 1/4th of the world population then you produce loads of phds, professionals, engineers doctors or whatever, because you are already too many people. The reason why industrial and techonlogical giants are investing in india is because of the manpower in india is very cheap also they are educated to a proportion to bear a technological industry. Again why? because indians are too many, india has its own economy which if you say has a big share of macro economy of this world and affects it in turn in other words india is a big consumer of products and that is why it is a big producer as well; why? because indians are again too many.
I hope you take it +vely.

you are 100% right..i agree with you..
Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:59 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » World News and Events All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Gupshup Forum: Urdu ForumIslam ForumPakistan Army ForumAap Ka SheharNaukaryPakistani Visa
Desi Sports and News: Live CricketSports ForumAkhbar OnlinePakistan EventsWorld News Discussion
Entertainment Media: PTV ForumGEO ForumLollywood ForumBollywood OnlineHollywood ForumDesi Radio
Desi Masala Forums: Gupshup Chit ChatComputer GamesMusic ForumDrama ForumsGhazal ForumDesi FashionDesi Food
Official Forums (Government Department): Dak Khana ChatPolice ForumWapda OnlinePTCL ForumUfone ForumRailway ForumSehat Chit ChatTaleem OnlineTax Forum PKZameen ForumAdalat Forum

Pure Pakistani forum to express your views, thoughts with complete freedom. Archives 1 2
Copyright © ForumPakistan.com 2013 All rights reserved.

Contact Us | Advertise | Report Abuse | FP Team | Disclaimer