Forum Pakistan
New User? Register | Search | Memberlist | Log in
Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums
Pakistani forum to discuss Pakistani Media, Siasat, Politics Talk Shows, Khaber Akhbar, Khel, Cricket, Film, Dramas, Songs, Videos, Shairy, Shayari, Pyar Mohabbat ki Kahani, Tourism, Hotels, Fashion, Property, Naukary Gupshup and more.
Watch TV OnlineLive RadioListen QuranAkhbarFree SMS PakistanResults OnlineUrdu EditorLollywoodLive Cricket Score
Government DepartmentsKSE Live RatesUseful LinksJobsOnline GamesCheck EmailPromote us
GEO News LiveGEO NewsDawn News Live TVExpress News

How to Get Canada Student Visa

Bookmark and Share

Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » Visa & Immigration
Shah-Bano
Full PK Member
Full PK Member

Each year around 130,000 students choose to conduct their studies in the country, in addition to many more who apply for a Canadian visa in order to learn English or French.

A student visa to Canada is usually a simple process, if you know what is required from you. Canada student visa is usually needed for programs that are longer than 6 months.

Canadian student visas will give you the benefit of working on campus, and whilst living in Canada, visas of this kind enable you to submit an application for a student visa extension whilst you are already in the country.

Global Visas, as a highly experienced immigration consultant, can help you at every stage of securing a Canadian study visa.

If you want to study in Canada, immigration consultants at Global Visas can offer a complete Canadian visa service covering everything you will require from immigration lawyer expertise, detailed information on the processes of immigration and more.

In Canada student visa provision is intended as a temporary Canadian immigration service. In this respect it is similar to a Canadian tourist visa or a Canadian work permit in that it is issued on a short-term basis only.

Unlike a Canadian skilled worker visa, or any of the business visa options under the business immigrant programme, it is not intended as a route to settled status or permanent residency and it does not afford the opportunity to apply for Canadian citizenship.

Where do I apply?

You apply to the nearest Canadian visa office. You must obtain permission to study in Canada before leaving for Canada. However, the following persons may apply from within Canada:

Dependants of athletes, media representatives, members of the Clergy, or military personnel on assignment in Canada

Dependants of officials of foreign governments working in Canada with a federal or provincial agency under an exchange agreement

Dependants of a person who has a valid student or employment authorization and

A person who is a holder of a Minister's permit and his or her dependants

In addition, the following persons may apply at a Canadian port of entry

Citizens and permanent residents of the United States, St. Pierre and Miquelon, or Greenland

Cost of Student Visa

If a student visa and/or authorization is required, the cost is CAN$125
Studying in Canada is not free, but it is affordable. The average cost for a foreign student for one school year (8 months) in an undergraduate program is C$11,903.

Application Process

This section explains how an application is made, how long it will usually take and how it will be processed by the visa office.

When should I apply?

The time required to process an application to study in Canada may vary at different visa offices. You should apply as early as possible, and allow at least six months to plan and prepare for your move. Note: Canadian universities suggest you apply for admission at least one year in advance of your planned arrival.

Will I need to attend an interview?

After reviewing your application, a visa officer will decide if an interview is necessary. If so, the visa officer will inform you of the time and place.

Will I or my accompanying dependants need a medical examination?

In some cases you will require a medical examination. A visa officer will decide on this and send instructions if a medical are required. It may add over three months to the processing of your application.

Can I work in Canada?

You may be able to work while you are studying in Canada only in special situations. It can be difficult to find a job in Canada. You should come to Canada with enough money to live and pay your bills while you are studying.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:17 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Webmaster24
Pak Newbie

Nice information Reply with quote
Thanks for Sharing information about Canada Study Visa.

Canada has a high per capita income in world so that it have numbers of immigrants.
If you want to know more information about Canada study visa, we are a team of Canadian immigration representative and also members of ICCRC and RCIC. We provide up to date information about Canada Immigration.
Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
nomanshaheer
Pak Newbie

Can anyone please help me. I have admitted to a Canadian University for PhD Program. However, I want to know if I can take my wife with me? We are not immigrants, I am just going on student Visa
Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:39 am View user's profile Send private message
xiMe
Pak Newbie

Thanks for sharing
Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » Visa & Immigration All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Gupshup Forum: Urdu ForumIslam ForumPakistan Army ForumAap Ka SheharNaukaryPakistani Visa
Desi Sports and News: Live CricketSports ForumAkhbar OnlinePakistan EventsWorld News Discussion
Entertainment Media: PTV ForumGEO ForumLollywood ForumBollywood OnlineHollywood ForumDesi Radio
Desi Masala Forums: Gupshup Chit ChatComputer GamesMusic ForumDrama ForumsGhazal ForumDesi FashionDesi Food
Official Forums (Government Department): Dak Khana ChatPolice ForumWapda OnlinePTCL ForumUfone ForumRailway ForumSehat Chit ChatTaleem OnlineTax Forum PKZameen ForumAdalat Forum

Pure Pakistani forum to express your views, thoughts with complete freedom. Archives 1 2
Copyright © ForumPakistan.com 2013 All rights reserved.

Contact Us | Advertise | Report Abuse | FP Team | Disclaimer