Forum Pakistan
New User? Register | Search | Memberlist | Log in
Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums
Pakistani forum to discuss Pakistani Media, Siasat, Politics Talk Shows, Khaber Akhbar, Khel, Cricket, Film, Dramas, Songs, Videos, Shairy, Shayari, Pyar Mohabbat ki Kahani, Tourism, Hotels, Fashion, Property, Naukary Gupshup and more.
Watch TV OnlineLive RadioListen QuranAkhbarFree SMS PakistanResults OnlineUrdu EditorLollywoodLive Cricket Score
Government DepartmentsKSE Live RatesUseful LinksJobsOnline GamesCheck EmailPromote us
GEO News LiveGEO NewsDawn News Live TVExpress News

Fariha Pervaiz - profile, interview & pictures

Bookmark and Share

Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » Celebrity Profiles
Hira1990
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

Fariha Pervaiz

Fariha Pervez is a well known Pakistani artist.She is well known for his melodies songs.One of his popular album is Jhumka
Their are 3 album currently in the market.

Some of the popular tracks from his hit album Jhumka are:

Tracks:

Ankh Macholi
Badnamian
Bailia
Bhool Jane Ka
Chori Chori
Dil Dharke
Dil Gaya
Jhumka
Kab Kaha Hai
Late Ho Gayee
Mitti Diya Bawaya
Mola
Same Game
Tere Pyar Ne

Interview

Fariha Pervaiz has the ability to touch mysterious components of the soul with grace and panache. She is indubitably one singer whose voice holds one captive and then does not let go. Her latest album, Piya, reinforces this fact. She is capable of singing Punjabi, folk, ghazal and pop songs with equal ease and proves so throughout the album.

The party beings with Haniya, a Punjabi song packed with plenty of passion. The lyrics coalesce well with the upbeat?
composition, filling one with an urge to hit the rewind button. A mellower track, Gal muk gayee, goes a step further. Next, Fariha hooks the listener while paying tribute to the late Nazia Hassan by singing Aankhain churanay walay. This is just the beginning of her parade of tribute as she goes on to pay homage to four more people! The title tracks of two drama serials and two extremely catchy songs, Aaye zindagi and Zara thehr jao, follow.

Good poetry and soothing compositions make one relax and relish. Add to that Fariha's haunting vocals and you have the standouts of the album. With Akailay na jaana, Fariha gets to pay he reverence to Masroor Anwar, Sohail Rana and Waheed Murad simultaneously.

The flip side starts with another tribute, Chand uss des main, to poet Parveen Shakir. The subduing melody and luscious vocals turn it into at outstanding piece. Aur bhi jahan is largely forgettable while More Than Anything is Less than inspiring so let us leave it at that.

Tairiyaan yaadan is the best song in the album due to its stirring lyrics and exceptional composition. Kokla chapaki is a folk song that will not appeal to everyone. The title song brings a sudden end to the album. Slick lyrics, a vivacious beat and Fariha's addictive vocals ensure that one keeps coming back to the album.

Piya has enough substance to cater and hook audiences of either gender or different age groups. Offering an assortment of songs for a variety of moods, it just may turn you into Fariha aficionado if you already aren't one.

Fariha Pervaiz is back with a big bang. Her single Patang Baaz Sajna from her last album "Naughty and Nice" took her to fame. But after all the hulls gulls, fans came to think of her as a one hit wonder. Her new album "Jhumka" proves otherwise. Fariha's crystal voice playfully dances to the masti ambience of the music. The album takes a dip with "Late Ho Gayee". The song starts off with excellent guitar work and the lyrics that follow do bring a

smile to one's face. But it's not something one wants to hear over and over. "Jhumka", the title song, is by far the best that Fariha has ever produced. It combines Bhangra and reggae in dance club style music. Today we are having an interview with Fariha.

Born on February 2, an Aquarius, Fariha describes herself as, "extremely humble, too simple, and very easy going." She named Arifa Siddiqui, Fariha's cousin, and Asha Bhosley as her inspiration. "I used to observe Arifa do her 'riaaz 'and would listen to old virtuosos. She gave me copies from her huge collection of great songs to listen and learn." Fariha's family did not object to her career choice:

"I inherited this passion for singing from my father who wanted to be a singer but his family opposed. When I expressed my interest in music, I faced no discord." Fariha started out by singing jingles and hosting a children singing show. Flirting briefly with acting, she soon realized acting was not her forte:

"I was offered a difficult role of an eccentric girl in Ghar, Guliyan, our Raastay by Javaid Fazil. I used to go to my khala Talat Siddiqui for lessons. If I asked her to cry, she would quiver her eyebrows and tears would well up in her eyes. When I had to cry and laugh without my own volition, I felt I was not cut out for acting. You can do anything you want but if you do not have the talent, it is unjust to both yourself and the public. Since I could sing better, I decided to concentrate on singing."

In 1995, she joined Maestro Feroze Gill and `Ustad Ghulam Hussain Shaggan belonging to ''Gwaliar Gharana' for training. Fariha concentrated on singing 'khayals' in slower tempos. She opines, "I got trained in classical. You can attract people of only a certain age in pop singing. Her velvety vocals suit soft numbers and 'ghazals' and she plans to excel in introspective singing eventually. "My classical training helps me sing both pop and soft. I am aware pop guarantees temporary success. In the end, a singer is remembered for his or her pensive songs."

While she sang jingles, she once met Sattar Khan, an advertiser who succored Fariha to release her incipient album in 1996. After the success of Patang Baaz Sajna, there was no looking back. Since then, she has released four albums altogether, the last of which Waila Yaad Ka r.

Fariha made her debut to sing in movies with Javaid Sheikh's Chief Saab. Her suave vocals captured the hearts of her fans instantaneously. Although Syed Noor also offered her the lead in Sangam, she decided not to pursue a film career. "In our film industry, there are few risk takers," she explains. "If a certain singer, song, or story is a hit, everyone starts copying it.

No one wants to try something fresh or unconventional. Since I am selective, people approach me if there is something different they want to attempt. Jawad Ahmad, composing music for Shan's Musa, recently approached me for a song. As I am selective he gave me the privilege to work with Zulfiqar Ali, Wajahat Attrary, M. Arshad, and Amjad Bobby who are pillars of our film industry."

Though she aspired a degree in psychology, fate had singing as a career choice for her otherwise. "I always wanted to be famous as when I was a kid, I used to write my name everywhere. My mother says people who have a craving for fame do that."

Fariha listens to Pakistani music, "I am a big fan of Sajjad Ali and Mehnaz," she stresses. She believes that people prefer to hear melodious folk music. "No matter how modern we or our music becomes, we have to prefer folk music. Junoon revisited their roots when they made 'sufi' music; Hadiqa did it too with Manay Dee Mauj and Buhay Barian."

Between two releases, Fariha does concerts and performs at weekly radio shows with live orchestra. She prefers to sing live too, "I like live performances the most. In live performances, the audience tells you immediately if they like your music and it helps to shape your music."

She is not happy with the way people treat singers, "If I could, I would change the approach of people towards music. Although we have become more receptive, we still need to change our perspective. We need more awareness towards music."

Showbiz, according to her, also needs some surgery. "I would like to change the attitude of artists towards one

another. I want us to be more integrated as artists anywhere else. I am not against jealousy as long as it serves to improve our performances. If someone is ahead of me, it is because he or she deserves to be. you ask me about any singer, you would find me liking his or her music. But when it comes to leg pulling and disparaging remarks, count me out!" When I asked her about her idea of romantic evening, she blushed like a schoolgirl briefly then:

"You just have to be with the person you care for." She likes to read poetry and especially Amjad Islam Amjad's poetry a lot. Since Fariha is herself unpretentious, she dislikes conceited people. "I take easily to people who are well mannered and humble and I dislike people who are snobs."

Fariha has released six videos so far. She plans to air a video of her new album. "I am a Pakistani and I will always remain an abiding citizen. Whatever I do, wherever I go, Pakistan will remain my identity." She affirms. "I want to make my country proud by doing some work internationally. I hope I will achieve it someday."

With her absolutely divine looks and that college girl hairstyle Fariha Pervaiz carries herself with a star's confidence. If she were to don those new mercury shades, clad herself in Levis and Tees and munch on a peppermint, she could easily pass for a hip teen, catapulting her way into the hearts of millions of idol-hungry youngsters.

But she prefers to stick to her lady-like image concentrating on her work rather than appearance for she knows that that is where the key to success lies. Fariha started her career at much tender age in the show Bulbuley- a kid's song contest program. From there, she oscillated between plays and music shows trying to do justice to both these vehicles of the expressive arts.

Somewhere along the line, she decided that in order to perform adroitly she needed to get herself acquainted with the basics of the art forms. Since she regarded music to be, my first preference- because of a heavy family influence as she got herself enrolled with Master Feroz Gill- a practitioner of the classical Indian Music. And it's been almost three years now that she is learning the intricacies of music from him.

Fariha came into the public's eye- in the true sense of the phrase- with her video Patang Baaz Sajna that made its way into the charts soon after its release. The video's airing coincided with Basant and it attained the hit-status in virtually no time at all. Patang Baaz Sajna is actually one of the tracks featured on Fariha's debut album Nice and Naughty. With the creative mind of Sattar Khan (Ever new concepts) behind this musical endeavor, it is not surprising to find the album a most innovative piece of work starting right from its title to lyrics all the way down to composition and singing. Nice and Naughty basically refers to the program of the album.

One side is labeled Nice featuring the more traditional forms of music while the flip side Naughty giving the more contemporary style of singing. The album is well rounded off by Fariha's crisp and clear voice, adapting to both forms of singing with amazing ease.

Apart from her exploration of the pop scene, Fariha is also engaged in stretching her vocal chords as a playback singer for Lollywood flicks. So far, her voice has been featured on the soundtracks of Chief Saab, Salaib, Ghoonghat, and Sangam.

As for her involvement in the performing side of the arts- the plays- Fariha has show cased her talent in the serial Ghar, Ghaon, Aour Rastay? Of her inclination towards the two facets of the arts she says, I wish to achieve the highest standard in both singing and acting subject to viewer/listener appreciation and my justification towards my performance.

On a more personal place, Fariha is an unassuming person who doesn't care much for pomp and show. An Aquarius, she describes herself as an honest and kindhearted person, qualities she prefers to see in those.with whom she associates. And what kind of people she cannot stand... those with corrupt and unethical minds. I also keep my distance from vain and arrogant.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
I K QAZI

A very good & Versatile Singer!!!

Koi Aks Uski Aankhon Mey Ubhar Aaya Hoga
Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » Celebrity Profiles All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Gupshup Forum: Urdu ForumIslam ForumPakistan Army ForumAap Ka SheharNaukaryPakistani Visa
Desi Sports and News: Live CricketSports ForumAkhbar OnlinePakistan EventsWorld News Discussion
Entertainment Media: PTV ForumGEO ForumLollywood ForumBollywood OnlineHollywood ForumDesi Radio
Desi Masala Forums: Gupshup Chit ChatComputer GamesMusic ForumDrama ForumsGhazal ForumDesi FashionDesi Food
Official Forums (Government Department): Dak Khana ChatPolice ForumWapda OnlinePTCL ForumUfone ForumRailway ForumSehat Chit ChatTaleem OnlineTax Forum PKZameen ForumAdalat Forum

Pure Pakistani forum to express your views, thoughts with complete freedom. Archives 1 2
Copyright © ForumPakistan.com 2013 All rights reserved.

Contact Us | Advertise | Report Abuse | FP Team | Disclaimer