Forum Pakistan
New User? Register | Search | Memberlist | Log in
Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums
Pakistani forum to discuss Pakistani Media, Siasat, Politics Talk Shows, Khaber Akhbar, Khel, Cricket, Film, Dramas, Songs, Videos, Shairy, Shayari, Pyar Mohabbat ki Kahani, Tourism, Hotels, Fashion, Property, Naukary Gupshup and more.
Watch TV OnlineLive RadioListen QuranAkhbarFree SMS PakistanResults OnlineUrdu EditorLollywoodLive Cricket Score
Government DepartmentsKSE Live RatesUseful LinksJobsOnline GamesCheck EmailPromote us
GEO News LiveGEO NewsDawn News Live TVExpress News

Eid trolley

Bookmark and Share Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » Pakistani Khanay
Eid trolley
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

Eid trolley
app sab log eid par kia khana pasand karo gey...... Smile

“people survive wars. People Survive disasters. People survive pain. People survive sadness. People survive hurt. People survive People. so why wouldn't I, one of the people, survive this? i will InshaAllah"

Last edited by mehndi01 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:57 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

Tropical Fruit Punch

A tropical recipe, fruity tasty and juicy.
Ingredients:
1\2 cup sugar
1\4 cup water
2 cups grapefruit juice, fresh
2 cups orange juice, fresh
2 cups pineapple juice
2 cups guava nectar
1\4 cup lime juice
- some crushed ice
- to garnish - mint leaves and lime slices

How to Cook:

1. Cook sugar and water in a small saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase the heat and bring to boil. Simmer for 1 minute, remove from heat and keep aside to cool completely.
2. Blend juices, nectars and syrup in a large pitcher. Chill thoroughly.
3. Pour into tall ice filled glasses. Garnish with mint leaves and lime. Serve immediately.

“people survive wars. People Survive disasters. People survive pain. People survive sadness. People survive hurt. People survive People. so why wouldn't I, one of the people, survive this? i will InshaAllah"
Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:58 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

Steam Roast Chicken

Juicy and tasty treat for all occasions.
Ingredients:

1 whole chicken or cut into 4 pieces
1\2 cup yogurt
1 tablespoon ginger paste
1 tablespoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon zeera, whole
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon salt
1 1\2 teaspoon red chili powder
1\2 teaspoon black pepper, powder
2 tablespoon lemon juice

How to Cook:

1. Wash and prick the chicken well with the help of a fork or else make cuts (as shown in the picture) on the chicken with the help of a knife.
2. Mix all the Ingredients and make a creamy paste. Apply on the chicken vigorously and marinate for several hours or over night in the fridge.
3. Now put the chicken in a steamer or put a big strainer upside down in boiling water in a large saucepan and put the chicken over it. Cover it and let the chicken cook in steam for about 15-20
minutes or till done.
4. Remove the Lid your simple yet delicious Steam Roast will be ready to serve. To go with it is Allobukharya ki chutney and Nan.
Variations: Heat 1\2 cup oil in a karahi or deep fryer over high heat and fry the chicken, until golden brown, about 5 minutes.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

Stuffed Mirch Pakora

Chillie Fritters
Ingredients:
. Basic batter #1
200 grams basin (gram flour)
1 teaspoon salt
1 level teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 level teaspoon cumin seeds, zeera
2-3 cups food color, yellow
300 ml water, warm
. Ingredients for stuffing: #2
6 large green chilies
1 small onion skinned and finely chopped
1 tablespoon tamarind juice
1 teaspoon red chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt,
2 tablespoon pomegranate seeds, ground
2 teaspoon chat masala

How to Cook:

1. Place the gram flour and the remaining dry ingredients and food color in a bowl. Pour in the water gradually and beat to a smooth and thick paste. The consistency should be like thick pancake batter. Leave aside to rest for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile prepare the stuffing. Mix together the chopped onions, chili powder, salt, pomegranate seeds, chat masala and tamarind juice. Wash and pat dry the chilies. Make an incision on one side of the chili lengthwise and remove the seeds. Stuff each chili with good amount of stuffing and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a deep fryer or a karahai to smoking point, then reduce the heat to medium.
4. Dip each chili into the batter and coat it thoroughly with the better and then using your fingers lift it out of the batter and at once drop them into the hot oil. Be careful not to splash yourself with hot oil. Fry 2-3 chilies at a time. (Don't try to fry too many at a time.) Fry for a few minutes, then carefully turn them over. Fry the mirch pakoras for 5-8 minutes to a crisp golden color, drain thoroughly with a perforated slice. Then place them on absorbent kitchen paper.
5. Sprinkle with chat masala.
6. Serve with Nan, Podinay Ki Chutney and Sweet tamarind chutney

Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

Spicy Chicken Wings

Spicy Wings like honey wings

Ingredients:

2 pounds Chicken wings
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup all-purpose flour
. As per taste black pepper
2 teaspoon salt
1.5 teaspoon red chili powder
1.5 teaspoon cumin, white slightly grinded
3/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
1 cup plain soda or 7up
1 tablespoon oil
. - oil for deep frying
. - Parsley sprigs for garnish

How to Cook:

Cut off the wing tips. Halve wings at joint.
Separate the "drumstick," or first-joint, pieces (the thick ones) from the second-joint pieces. Beginning at the narrower end of each "drumstick," with a sharp knife cut the tendons and , holding the exposed end of the bone with a kitchen towel, scrape the skin and meat down the bone as far as possible toward the thicker end to make a plump drumstick shape. Cut through the cartilage at one end of each second-joint piece, separating the bones,
scrape the skin and meat down the larger bone to make a plump drumstick shape, and pull out and discard the smaller bone. Arrange all of the "drumsticks" in a shallow dish, sprinkle them with the lemon juice and salt
and pepper to taste, and let them marinate, covered and chilled, for 1 hour.
Make the batter while the chicken is marinating: In a bowl whisk together the flour, the salt, the red chilli powder, the cumin, the thyme, and the cayenne and make a well in the center. Add the soda and the oil in a stream and whisk the batter until it is smooth. Let the batter stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Stir the batter before using it. In a large deep fryer or karahi heat 2 inches of the oil to 375 degrees on a deep
fat thermometer. Dip the chicken in the batter and fry in oil, 5 pieces at a time, turning it, for 3 minutes, or until it is cooked through and golden. Transfer the chicken with a slotted spoon as it is fried to paper towels to
drain and make sure the oil returns to 375 degrees before adding each new batch. Sprinkle the drumsticks with salt to taste, arrange them on a platter, and garnish the platter with the parsley sprigs.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

Spicy Potato wedges

Potato wedges full of Spice
Ingredients:
4 large potatoes
. - oil for frying
3 tablespoon corn flour
1 large onion skinned and finely chopped
1 teaspoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon cumin seeds, zeera
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1.5 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup coriander, fresh, chopped

How to Cook:

1. Wash and pat dry potatoes, and cut into 1\2 inch thick wedges. Boil in salted water or sprinkle salt and microwave, until almost tender, but still retain their shape. Drain and keep aside to cool. Toss the wedges in corn flour.
2. Heat oil in medium pan. Add onions, garlic and ginger, saut? for about 5 minutes or until onion is tender, but not brown.
3. Add mustard seeds, cumin, garam masala, chilli powder and salt, saut? for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
4. Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a medium pan and fry wedges, in small batches until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan, keep warm, repeat with remaining wedges.
5. Reheat the sauce and pour over the wedges, carefully toss the wedges with the spicy sauce.
6. Add coriander and lemon juice, toss or stir carefully and transfer to a serving dish. Serve immediately.
Serve with roasted chicken or lamb.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

Suji Ka Halva

Semolina Halva
Ingredients:

1 1\2 cup semolina (suji), fine
1 1\2 cup sugar
1 cup ghee
2 1\2 cup water
3\4 cup almonds blanched,cut into sliver
3 tablespoons raisins, green soaked and draine
1\4 cup pistachio nuts, cut into slivers
8 - cardamoms green, seeds
1\2 teaspoon cardamom powder
. few drops of kewra essence

How to Cook:

1. Boil sugar, few cardamom's seeds and water for 5 minutes and keep aside.
2. Heat ghee in a heavy based pan and add cardamom seeds. Stirring all the time, fry these for few minutes and Add the suji and stirring all the time fry on medium heat for 5-8 minutes until it is brown in color and ghee leaves the side of the pan.
3. Add the syrup and ground cardamom. Stir well. Cover with a tight fitting lid and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until nearly all the water has evaporated. Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a frying pan and fry the nuts. Add the fried nuts and kewra to the halva and mix well. At this stage the halva should soft and dry. If there are still raw grains of soji, add a little water, cover and cook over very low heat until it is soft and cook through.
5. Serve hot with Poori and Cholay.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

Chicken Karahi

Mouth Watering Chicken
Ingredients:
1 kilogram chicken cut into small pieces
1 tablespoon chopped ginger
1 inch piece ginger thin sliced strips.
4-5 - green chilies cut into half
2 - green chilies fine chopped
3 - tomato finely chopped
2 teaspoons black pepper, powder
1 tablespoon garam masala
4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander l
2 teaspoons salt
1\2 cup oil

How to Cook:

1. Heat oil in a shallow frying pan or Karachi. Add chopped ginger and green chili, stirring frequently fry for 2 minutes.
2. Add chicken and salt. Stirring frequently fry until the meat is well browned
3. Add chopped tomatoes, stirring frequently fry the meat mixture for about 10 minutes until the tomatoes are reduced to a pulp. Add a little water if necessary to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Keep frying until the oil begins to separate.
4. Add ginger sticks, chopped green chili, black pepper, garam masala and little water. Reduce the heat to low, cover with a tight fitting lid and cook for 15 minutes until the chicken is tender. Sprinkle with finely chopped coriander leaves
6. Serve hot with Nan or Chapati.

Last edited by mehndi01 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

Shahi Tukray

Sweet Toast
Ingredients:
6 slices Sandwich bread
1 1\2 cups milk
4 tablespoons sugar
- few saffron strands
100 grams khoya
3\4 cup cream, fresh
- few silver leaves (varak) optional
- for decoration: nuts

How to Cook:

1. Place the bread slices on the cutting board and with a sharp knife remove the crust and cut each slice into two triangles.
2. Fry the bread triangles in ghee or oil until golden brown, remove from oil and place them on absorbent paper towels. Arrange the triangles in a flat plate in single layer.
3. Heat milk with sugar and saffron until hot but not boiling, add few drops of kewra and pour over the bread slices. Keep aside and allow the bread to soak the milk. Transfer the triangles carefully to serving plate.
4. Heat 2 tablespoon of ghee and lightly fry the crumbled khoya, 1\2 teaspoon cardamom?s powder and 2 teaspoon of sugar. Spread khoya evenly over the soaked bread pieces.
5. Add few drops of kewra to the cream, mix and cover khoya with a cream layer and decorate with silver varakh and nuts.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

Balti Gosht

Mutton With Unique Flavor
Ingredients:
1 kilogram mutton cut into 11\2 inch pieces
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 inch cinnamon stick
2-3 - black cardamoms
2 - bay leaves
1 large onion, thickly sliced
1\2 kilogram tomatoes, chopped
6-7 - green chillies
2 tablespoons ginger, finely chopped
2 tablespoon garlic paste
1 teaspoon salt
1\2 cup oil

How to Cook:

1. Place the mutton, black pepper, cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaf in a large pot. Add enough water to make the mutton tender.
2. Heat oil in a shallow frying pan or karahi. Add onions and stirring frequently fry for 5 minutes or until soft.
3. Add tomatoes, green chilies, ginger, garlic, red chili powder, salt and mutton. While stirring frequently fry on high heat for few minutes, then reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 15 minutes until the oil begin to separate.
4. Garnish with coriander leaves, diagonally cut green chilies and thin julienne's ginger.
5. Serve hot with Nan or Chapati.
Variations: chicken can be used instead of mutton.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

Chapal Kabab

Special Peshawari Kabab
Ingredients:
1 kg Beef, ground "thickly minced"
2 cups spring onions, finely chopped
2 tablespoon anar dana , whole
3 tablespoon coriander seeds
2 teaspoon white zeera seeds (cumin seeds)
4 - hot green chilli, finely chopped
3 teaspoon red chili crushed
2 teaspoon ginger, fresh finely shred
2 large tomato finely chopped
2 teaspoons salt
. - oil for deep frying

How to Cook:

1. Put mince and all other ingredients except oil in a large bowl and mix well.
2. Break off large pieces of the mince mixture and shape into large and thick rounds, 1\2 inch thick.
3. Heat oil in a karahi or deep frying pan until very hot, but not smoking. Oil must be very hot otherwise you will not get the crisp surface.
4. Fry 2-3 kebabs at a time for 3-4 minutes or until crisp, turning them once or twice during frying.
5. Serve with Nan and Mint Chutney.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

Anokhay Kabaab

Kabaab with a Unique name
Ingredients:
2 cups beaf , minced
1 teaspoon cumin seeds, zeera
1 cup potatoes, cooked coarsely mashed
1 tablespoon basin (gram flour)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon coriander seeds, coarsely crushe
1 teaspoon salt
3 crushed whole red chilies
2-3 - green chilies, crushed
1\4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
1 - egg, lightly beaten
- - oil for frying

How to Cook:

1. Place minced beef in a large bowl. Add rest of the ingredients except oil. Mix well to blend the ingredients.
2. Make kababs of reasonable thickness and size.
3. Deep fry on medium heat.
4. Serve with chutney.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

Chicken Jalfrezi

Ingredients:
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
750 grams skinless chicken thigh fillets,
1\4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 - onion finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
500 grams tomato finely chopped
1\4 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
2 tablespoon ginger, grated
2 tablespoons coriander, fresh, chopped

How to Cook:

1. Heat about 2 tablespoons oil in a deep frying pan and fry the onion and garlic for 2 minutes over high heat.
2. Add the chicken, turmeric, chili powder and salt. Fry gently for 5-10 minutes, or until golden brown, scraping the base of the pan frequently and turning the chicken.
3. Add the tomato, cover and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes. Uncover and simmer for 10 minutes to let all the excess liquid evaporates and the sauce thicken.
4. Add cumin, ground coriander, ginger and fresh coriander and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
5. Sever the chicken pieces with the sauce spooned on top.
6. This dish could be served with boiled rice, chapati or naan.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

Hyderabadi Biryani

Ingredients:

2 whole chickens, skinned
1 1\2 kilograms rice, basmati
500 grams yogurt
1 tablespoon red chili powder
- As per taste salt
1\2 teaspoon turmeric
2 teaspoon coriander powder
1 tablespoon garam masala
1 - lemons' (large) juice
4 medium onion skinned & thinly sliced
3 tablespoon garlic (crushed)
2 teaspoon ginger (crushed)
10 - green chillies
1 cup coriander, fresh, chopped
1\2 cup mint leaves
1\2 cup oil
6 - green chillies, chopped
2 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
- some saffron,soaked in two tbsp water
- drops kewra
- few drops of yellow food color

How to Cook:

1. Heat the oil or ghee in a heavy based sauce pan and fry the onions for 8-10 minutes until light brown. Remove the onions from the oil and reserve 1\4 onions for later use.
2. Put the fried onions, garlic, ginger, coriander leaves, mint, green chilies, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor and blend to a paste. Mix this paste with yogurt, garam masala, lemon juice and 2 tbsp. oil. Cut each chicken into eight pieces and then marinate with the yogurt mixture for about 6 hours or overnight in a refrigerator.
3. Put the rice in a sieve and wash it thoroughly under a running cold tap until the water runs clear. Soak the rice in plenty of water for half an hour. In a large heavy based pan put plenty of water and add 1 stick cinnamon, 6 cloves, 5 big cardamoms, 8 small cardamoms, 2 bay leaves and salt. Bring it to a rapid boil and add the washed rice. When the rice are 1\4 cooked, drain and keep aside.
4. In a large pan place 1\2 cup of oil at the bottom of a large heavy based pan then place the chicken and all the marinade. Cover the meat with the rice and level it with a spatula. Sprinkle reserved fried onions, chopped coriander, green chilies and saffron on the top of the rice. Mix the food color with a little water and sprinkle over the rice.
5. Cover with a tight fitting lid or cover with a large piece of thick aluminum foil and then place the lid. Cook for 15 minutes on medium heat then reduce the heat to a very low and cook for further 20 to 25 minutes, until the rice and meat are tender.
6. Once the dish is cooked, leave it covered for a few minutes. Then remove the lid, fluff up the rice with a fork.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

Sindhi Biryani

Ingredients:

1 kilogram mutton or chicken
750 grams rice, basmati
500 grams potatoes
500 grams tomatoes, diced
250 grams yogurt
- As per taste salt
2 medium onion sliced
3 tablespoon garlic (crushed)
2 teaspoon ginger (crushed)
10 whole green cardamoms
4 whole black cardamoms (bari Iliachi)
10 cloves -
10 pieces black pepper
1 inch piece cinnamon stick
1 teaspoon zeera
2 - bay leaves (taze patta)
10 whole dried plums (aaloo bukharay)
- some ghee or cooking oil
6 pieces green chillies
2 tablespoon coriander leaves, fresh
2 tablespoon mint leaves
- drops kewra
3 drops yellow food color
1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
1/2 cup ghee or oil

How to Cook:

1. Marinate meat with garlic, ginger, salt, chili powder and garam masala for half an hour.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil or ghee in a heavy based sauce pan and fry onions for 5-10 minutes to a golden brown. Remove onions from oil and stir into the yogurt. Rub this yogurt all over the marinated chicken cover and put in a cool place for at least an hour.
3. Reheat the oil, add the meat along with the marinade and all of the whole spices, and stirring frequently, fry the meat 5-10 minutes. Add 1\2 cup water, cover and cook over low heat. When meat is half cooked, add potatoes and cook over low heat.
4. While the meat is cooking, prepare spice water. In a small saucepan, put 1 1\2 cups water, 1 teaspoon black pepper corn, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon cloves, 2 tablespoon coriander seeds, 2 tablespoons aniseeds, 1\2 teaspoon ground nut meg, 1\2 teaspoon mace, 1\2 teaspoon sandal bura (optional), 3-4 large cardamoms, 1 tablespoon green cardamoms, 3 bay leaves. Place the saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil, reduce heat to very low, cover and cook until the mixture reduced to 3\4 cup.
5. Wash and soak rice in water for half an hour. In another pan boil rice with 2-3 teaspoon of salt and plenty of water. When rice is 1\2 cooked drain water, add 1\4 cup oil or butter and fluff with a fork to prevent the rice from sticking. Keep rice to one side.
6. In a large pan place 2 inch layer of rice at the bottom, then a layer of meat, tomatoes, and dried plums on top, repeating this until the meat and rice have been used up. Sprinkle coriander and mint leaves over the top layer of the rice Pour spiced water and kewra over the rice. Do not stir. Mix the food color with a little water and sprinkle over the rice.
7. Cover with a tight fitting lid and cook on medium heat for about 4-5 minutes to produce steam, then lower the heat to very low and cook for 20 minutes until the rice is tender.
8. Once the dish is cooked, leave it covered for a few minutes

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

Masalay dar Chicken Biryani

Ingredients:

1/2 kilogram chicken
2.00 cup rice, basmati
3.00 tablespoon yogurt
1.00 teaspoon red chili powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
1.00 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, powder
1.00 teaspoon garam masala powder
4.00 medium Onions
3.00 - tomato
1/2 tablespoon ginger paste
1/2 tablespoon garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon zeera
1.00 - cinnamon stick
7.00 whole black pepper
2.00 - black cardamoms (bari Iliachi)
4.00 cloves -
3.00 - dried plums (aaloo bukharay)
1/2 cup coriander, fresh, chopped
2.00 drops kewra
1.00 pinch of saffron (zaffran)
0.00 As per taste salt

How to Cook:

1.wash & soak rice for few hours
2.heat the pot,fry finely chopped onion till golden brown
3.add ginger ,garlic paste & zeera
4.add chickenand fry it constantly for 5 min.
5.add dhania ,haldi, salt,black pepper&red chilli pdr
6.add dahi and fry for 5 min.
7.now add tomatoes
8.add enough water till chicken is cooked & tender
9.now boil the rice with cinnamon stick,cloves,whole black pepper &black zeera
10.when chicken is cooked,add aloo bukhara ,mint, corriander,green chilli &garam
masala
11.stir the chicken for 5- 7 mins.
12.finally add kewra
13.soak the zafran in 2 tbsp of milk
14.now take a pot , place 1layer of rice than 1 layer of chicken
15.repeat till done
16.finally add zafran and fried onion
17.cover the vessel & cook 10 -15 on low flame

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

Coronation Chicken

Ingredients:

1.6-1.8 kg chicken, oven-ready
. few carrot and onion slices, bay lea
. - salt & pepper
2 - Onions
50 grams butter
8 - apricots, no-soak dried
. Pinch saffron strands
2 - lemon, finely grated rind
4 tablespoon honey, thin
5 tablespoon curry paste
450 ml white grapes juice
150 ml mayonnaise
3 tablespoon cream, double
. - herbs, to garnish

How to Cook:

1. Place the chicken in large saucepan and add the flavoring ingredients with a large pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer until the chicken is thoroughly cooked - about 1 hour. Leave to cool in the liquid.
2. Chop the onions. Melt the butter in a small pan, add the onions and saut? until softened. Add the apricots, saffron, lemon rind, honey, curry paste and grape juice. simmer, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until the curry mixture is the consistency of thin chutney. Cool. Blend the mixture in a food processor, then pass through a sieve.
3. Remove the chicken meat from the bone, discarding the skin. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and place in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until required.
Stir half of the curry mixture into the mayonnaise (freeze the remainder for later use). Mix in the cream and seasoning to taste.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

Fish Biryani

Ingredients:

450.00 grams rohu (any white fish fillets)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1.00 level teaspoon cumin seeds, zeera
1/2 level teaspoon mustard seeds (rai or sarson)
1.00 clove garlic cloves, chopped
1.00 inch piece ginger fresh, peeled
1.00 teaspoon ajowan (carum)
4.00 - green chillies
1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
0.00 As per taste salt
10.00 - green cardamoms
4.00 - black cardamoms
6.00 cloves -
10.00 pieces black pepper
1.00 inch piece cinnamon stick
2.00 - bay leaves (taze patta)
10.00 - dried plums (aaloo bukharay)
0.00 some ghee or cooking oil
6.00 pieces green chili, finely chopped
2.00 tablespoon coriander leaves, fresh
3.00 Pinch yellow food color

How to Cook:

1.Wash the fish and pat dry. Cut into 1 inch pieces. In a blender grind the garlic ginger and chillies to a fine paste. Mix the paste with salt, chilli powder and ajowan. Smear the fish pieces with spice paste. Set aside for at least 2 hours
2. In the meantime heat the oil in a shallow frying pan, add the cumin and mustard seeds;they should pop and splutter at once. Add the chopped onions and , stirring frequently, fry them to a rich golden colour.Add the chopped tomatoes, still stirring frequently, fry the onions for about 10 minutes until the tomatoes are reduced to a pulp. Add a little water, if necessary, to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottomof the pan. Keep frying until the oil begins to separate.
3. Add the fish and stir well to coat it with the tomato mixture.Reduec the heat to low, cover with a tight fitting lid and cook for 15 minutes until the fish is tender.
Sprinkle with finely chopped coriander.Keep warm. 4.Soak the rice in water for half an hour.In another pan boil the rice with 2-3 tsp. of salt and plenty of water .when the rice are 3\4 cooked drain the water. Add 1\4 cup oil or butter and fluf with a fork to prevent the rice to stick each other. Keep rice to one side.
5. In a large pan place 2 inch layer of rice at the bottom, then a layer of fish mixture and dried plums on top,repeating this until the fish and rice have been used up. sprinkle the coriander and mint leaves over the top layer of the rice Pour 1\2 cup water and seeds of cardamom over the rice. Do not stir. Mix the food colour with a little water and sprinkle over the rice.
6. Cover with a tight fitting lid and allow to cook for 20 minutes until the rice are cooked.
7. Once the dish is cooked, leave it covered for a few minutes then remove the lid, fluff up the rice with a fork.
8. Serve with Raita.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

Grilled Chicken Boti

Ingredients:

1.00 - chicken (cut into 16 pieces)
2.00 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 cup yogurt
1.00 teaspoon garlic paste
1.00 teaspoon ginger paste
1.00 teaspoon cumin powder
1.00 teaspoon garam masala powder
1.00 teaspoon chili powder
1.00 teaspoon coriander powder
1.00 teaspoon chat masala
1.00 teaspoon salt
0.00 drops red or yellow food coloring
0.00 For basting oil
0.00 For Garnishing onion sliced
0.00 For Garnishing lime slices

How to Cook:
1. Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl and rub the lemon juice. Cover and leave to marinate for about an hour.
2. Put yogurt in a small bowl. Add ginger, garlic, cumin, garam masala, chili powder, coriander, chat masala, salt and food coloring and mix well.
3. Place the chicken in a medium bowl. Pour the marinade over the chicken pieces and coat them liberally with the yogurt mixture. Cover and leave to marinate at room temperature for about 5-6 hours or over night in a refrigerator.
4.Thread the chicken pieces closely on metal skewers and grill the chicken over hot charcoal, Basting once or twice at the end of the cooking time. Alternatively, Place the chicken in a shallow baking pan, arrange them in a single layer. Bake in a oven at 325F, (170C) or gas mark 3. Roost for 25- 30 minutes. Basting frequently and Turing once or twice to brown the both sides.
5.Decorate with lemon wedges and onion rings.
Serve with Nan, Poodinay Ki Chutney and Raita.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

Grilled Lamb Chops

Ingredients:

1 kilogram lamb chops
1 cup yogurt
1 teaspoon garam masala
3 tablespoons lemon juice fresh
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
11\2 teaspoons ginger, minced
1 teaspoon red chili
1 1\2 teaspoons salt
1 1\2 teaspoon garlic paste

How to Cook:
1. Wash and pat dry the chops.
2. Place the chops in a bowl. Pour lemon juice over, rub it well. Set aside for at least 20 minutes.
3. Mix all the remaining ingredients together and pour it over the chops and coat the chops liberally with this marinade. Cover and leave to marinate for 5-6 hours.
4. Prepare the grill - it is NOT ready until ALL the coals have a THICK coating of grey ash.
5. Remove the chops from the marinade.
6. Grill 4" to 6" from the coals, turning occasionally, until all the pieces are cooked through (30 to 45 minutes).
7. Alternatively, Place the chops in a oven at 325F, (170C) or gas mark 3. Roast for 20 25 minutes., Basting frequently and Turing once or twice to brown the both sides.
Decorate with lemon wedges and onion rings. Serve hot with mint chutney and Nan

Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
Aatish
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

Sweetaa

Yeh kya poochaa hai

Jo Dil karay Balkay Sub k sub Dishes taste karnay k apna maza hai..

TU sab hee aannayy Dooo.... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:52 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Bin-Momin
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

wahhh mehndi .... Very Happy

kia baat he...

to phir kab aaon Laughing Laughing

" Aashiqi se milega a Zahid !!!

Bandgi se Khuda nahi milta ... !!! "
Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
mehndi01
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

hehehehe eid per thread ka nam nahi parha "EID TROLLEY"

Sab fp member ko eid par zaror ana hei aur yeh sab khana khana hei
Laughing

Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
cool devil
Senior Proud Pakistani
Senior Proud Pakistani

mehndi ak kam karay chand raat ko and eid kay din hamary ghar ajain
aur ye sab paka dain

waise mujhay bhi thora bohat aa hai
but ap to xpert hain

ammmmmmmiiii mehndi arahi hai eid per
khana mat banain

Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:15 am View user's profile Send private message
cool2033
Senior Proud Pakistani
Senior Proud Pakistani

Aslamoalykum Reply with quote
Wah Wah dear Sis Kiya yaad dila diya aapnay wah eiddddddddddddddddddddddd is coming

Waisay aap jo khilayegi wo hum khalaingay. ok
Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:40 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » Pakistani Khanay All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Gupshup Forum: Urdu ForumIslam ForumPakistan Army ForumAap Ka SheharNaukaryPakistani Visa
Desi Sports and News: Live CricketSports ForumAkhbar OnlinePakistan EventsWorld News Discussion
Entertainment Media: PTV ForumGEO ForumLollywood ForumBollywood OnlineHollywood ForumDesi Radio
Desi Masala Forums: Gupshup Chit ChatComputer GamesMusic ForumDrama ForumsGhazal ForumDesi FashionDesi Food
Official Forums (Government Department): Dak Khana ChatPolice ForumWapda OnlinePTCL ForumUfone ForumRailway ForumSehat Chit ChatTaleem OnlineTax Forum PKZameen ForumAdalat Forum

Pure Pakistani forum to express your views, thoughts with complete freedom. Archives 1 2
Copyright © ForumPakistan.com 2013 All rights reserved.

Contact Us | Advertise | Report Abuse | FP Team | Disclaimer