Forum Pakistan
New User? Register | Search | Memberlist | Log in
Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums
Pakistani forum to discuss Pakistani Media, Siasat, Politics Talk Shows, Khaber Akhbar, Khel, Cricket, Film, Dramas, Songs, Videos, Shairy, Shayari, Pyar Mohabbat ki Kahani, Tourism, Hotels, Fashion, Property, Naukary Gupshup and more.
Watch TV OnlineLive RadioListen QuranAkhbarFree SMS PakistanResults OnlineUrdu EditorLollywoodLive Cricket Score
Government DepartmentsKSE Live RatesUseful LinksJobsOnline GamesCheck EmailPromote us
GEO News LiveGEO NewsDawn News Live TVExpress News

Chakwal

Bookmark and Share Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » You and your shehar
Chakwal
pakistani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Chakwal
Intorduce yourself and share your city photos and tell us about your beautiful city of Chakwal.

Information:

geographical location: Jhelum, Punjab, Pakistan, Asia
geographical coordinates: 32° 56' 0" North, 72° 52' 0" East

Chakwal (Urdu: چکوال) is the main town in Chakwal District, Punjab, Pakistan and is located 90 km south-east of the federal capital, Islamabad. As noted in District Gazeteer Jhellum 1904, the city is named after Chaudhry Chaku Khan, chief of the Mair Minhas Rajput tribe from Jammu, who founded it in 1525 C.E during the era of the Mughal Emperor, Zaheerudun Babur. It remained a small but central town of Taluka Dhan Chaurasi for many centuries. In 1881, during the British era, it was declared the Tehsil Headquarter. It was finally upgraded to district status in 1985 C.E by the President of Pakistan, General Zia ul Haq.

Chakwal is also known as barani district.In 1985 the local government made Chakwal as an independent district of Rawalpindi.

In addition to that, neighborhood cities are; Jhelum in the east, Mianwali in the west , Attock in the north ,district Khushab in the south. Almost 90% population lives in rural areas and the rest of it lives in the urban areas. The political organization of Chakwal covers two Nation assembly seats (NA-43, NA-44) and four Provincial Assembly seats (PP-16, PP-17, PP-18, PP-19).

The railway station at Chakwal, the second last station on the ‘Mandra-Bhon’ railway as it was known then (I am talking of twenties and thirties during the last century) was a running distance from the town, if not a walking distance. The moment you alighted from the only train that arrived from Mandra, you were greeted by the drivers (and not coolies) anxious to grab your baggage. Not only were they looking for passengers to the town, but to neighbouring villages such as Karyala, Bhalla, Udharval and Roopwal. They gave special attention to well-dressed ladies and the gentlemen of the ‘Khoja’ community who were mostly engaged in the leather business at ‘Calcutta’ or ‘Hong Kong’. The attention was for obvious reasons.

Just like other cities of Punjab, locals speak Punjabi language in Chakwal. Local dresses are shalwar Qameez and Dhoti Qurta

Chakwal has quite a few public and private libraries, the largest of these is the Allama Iqbal Library located at the committee park. However, most of the volumes over there are in Urdu. The Government College for boys also has a library of resonable size and is open for Public. In the private sector, Myer's Library located at Myer's College, Kot Sarfraz Khan has a huge volume of both English and Urdu books.

At the northern end of the town was a mosque, adjacent to the ‘Sanatan Dharam Mandir’. The two places of worship had a single brick wall that was common to both the buildings. They say the ‘Hafiz’ in the mosque and the Pujari in the ‘mandir’ were all the time at logger heads but secretly they had maintained a loose brick in the wall that could be removed easily to pass on some eatables from one to the other.

Forum Pakistan
Be proud to be a Pakistani (instead of being a Punjabi, Sindhi, Baloch or Pushtoon)
Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:46 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
shabnum
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

Its 2:30 hours away from Rawalpindi. It mostly consist of villages. People are very simple. Most people do farming and their occupation is cultivation on their lands.

I love to go their to visit my friend.
Mon May 07, 2007 3:36 am View user's profile Send private message
zafar awan
Pak Newbie

CHOA SAIDAN SHAH AND KALARKAHAR Reply with quote
THERE ARE 2 FAMOUSE PLACES IN cHAKWAL CHOA SAIDAN SHAH AND KALAR KAHAR .
Kalakhar is for kalakahar lake its beautifull location for visitors . if government do some
work their it will be like vally for vsitors and Choa Saidan Shah is sub tehsil of Chakwal
famous for it Gulaab in world best Rose flowers and Locaat khurmaani and it gardens.
every years one great gathering (mela) celebrated there. Saiden Shah Sherazi was a big soofi
and this mela is celebirated for his respect every year on Cheit 9 .( in April )
bitween Kalakhar and Choa saiden sha there are
hindo mandar ( kitas) kitaas college and cement factories on same road in Tatraal .
it is called Vadi e kahoon . i am helpless to mention 2 villages near Tatraal - Dulmiaal
and Wahulah . both have history of generals since British time. 85% of Waulahian is in foreign
like Dubai , Qatar and in Europe . Dulmial is more civilized village in Area. have lot of
facilities like good schools , dispensary for health care and other good work of ppls
Waulah is richest in area but not organised .
Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
HiTLER
Full PK Member
Full PK Member

thankx for sharing that nice one information.

Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:06 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
shabnum
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

zafar awan, thanks for telling such nice information. If you have some picture of Chakwal, it will be very nice to post these.
Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:25 am View user's profile Send private message
zafar awan
Pak Newbie

shabnum wrote:
zafar awan, thanks for telling such nice information. If you have some picture of Chakwal, it will be very nice to post these.
i love to do that but sorry i have no pic of Chakwal but you can find some images by searching chakwal in pictures. i think you ill able to post those pics . just go to ,, yahoo search .for
CHAKWAL IN PICTURES. ..........
Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:31 am View user's profile Send private message
zafar awan
Pak Newbie

Gurudwara Pehli Patshahi , Katas, Distt Chakwal

Gurudwara Pehli Patshahi , Katas, Distt Chakwal

Katas is a very sacred place for the Hindus. It is located on a hill six kilometers from Choasaidan Shah of Chakwal district. The place is mentioned in Mahabharata an¢ according to Hindu religious belief, both Katas and the Paskar (Ajmer) are the eyes of Shiva. Paras Nath Jogi breathed his last here. Jagat Guru Nanak Ji also visited Katas and had set his foot here on the 1st of Visakh. This place came to be known as Nanaknawas. It was the abode of contemplation for larger groups of mystics, ascetics and Jogies. In the absence of proper markings or sign boards it is difficult to separate one place from the other.

It has great historical significance because it was the place where Alberuni attempted to measure the circumference of Earth, studied and learnt Sanskrit, wrote his renowned "Kitab-ulHind". Even today groups of Hindu pitgrims come from India to visit it regularly to worship.
Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:49 am View user's profile Send private message
pakistan_rocks
Full PK Member
Full PK Member

hey everyone I am from Chakwal but live in UK but originally from Chakwal

Sadia Very Happy

Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:00 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
danial ahsan mirza
Pak Newbie

chakwal city Reply with quote
asalamo alaikum nahin reesan shehr chakwal deean Laughing
Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:54 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
st0rmrider
Pak Newbie

I am from Rawalpindi but have strong ties to Chakwal.

Absolutely love the place.

I remember in 98/99 we went to a place called Dhok Taaliyan Dam nearby for a ramble and we managed to interrupt a shoot of pakistani movie Pal Do Pal.

Was interesting, I cannot recall exactly who the lady we met was, but I think it was Shamim Ara or maybe Madam Sangeeta :p

However I do remember Moamer Rana and Saud. Moamer was being a bit weird and didnt want to associate or chat or acknowledge us (Oh the high and haughty wind me up sometimes!).

However Saud was a very decent chap as far as chatting to us goes. He even took 10 minutes off, had a little walk with us, chatted a lot and let us take pics of him and some of the crew. I have the pics somewhere and will post if I can dig them up.

Anyway, Chakwal, Choha Saidan Shah, Ketas, Kallar Kahar all amazing and beautiful! People are great, the places are great and the Pehlwan Rewri's are great too Smile
Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:11 am View user's profile Send private message
Bin-Momin
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

A trip to Chakwal Reply with quote
Bachpan ki baat he. chakwal me aik Chasma nikla tha.....

phir family trip arragne huwa aor ham aik din k liye gayay thay....

bohat maza aaya tha, but the only thing was...
rasta kaafi dushwaar tha q k road sahi nahi the, ab to kaafi developoment ho chuki he,

hope k ab fine roads honge. Smile

" Aashiqi se milega a Zahid !!!

Bandgi se Khuda nahi milta ... !!! "
Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:33 am View user's profile Send private message
NABEEL_NEWYORK
Pak Newbie

No it is NOT Reply with quote
shabnum wrote:
Its 2:30 hours away from Rawalpindi. It mostly consist of villages. People are very simple. Most people do farming and their occupation is cultivation on their lands.

I love to go their to visit my friend.

first of all its is 1:30 hours away from Rawalpindi 98KM and people are there not simple but sincere and trust able and they have all the fashion styles as the other citizens have .....
Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:37 am View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
hassansyed
Pak Newbie

i i love ur message and u by by tc[/color]
Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
CyberDuck
5 Star Member
5 Star Member

Its nice place to Visit Thanku
Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:00 am View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rockqatar
Pak Newbie

Thanks frieds for sharing such information Reply with quote
Salam friends,

I am from Chakwal but born and brought up in gulf so did'nt know much about Chakwal but after reading all the information from your posts am really happy.

its a very beautifull place and its better than cities, i have visited chakwal five six times in my life and its amazing, the people sounds...ooooooy kay hal aay???

all the people who are living in pak are really very very lucky.....just Thank God that you are enjoying your lives in a loving country...

i spended my whole life in gulf...but still i know one thing....whatever i am today its only because of my lovely PAKISTAN...

ALLAH HAFIZ
Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
garib110
Full PK Member
Full PK Member

you can finde must channel in the:
Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
malikbhai
Pak Newbie

Re: A trip to Chakwal Reply with quote
iqbal wrote:
Bachpan ki baat he. chakwal me aik Chasma nikla tha.....

phir family trip arragne huwa aor ham aik din k liye gayay thay....

bohat maza aaya tha, but the only thing was...
rasta kaafi dushwaar tha q k road sahi nahi the, ab to kaafi developoment ho chuki he,

hope k ab fine roads honge. Smile

Asalam u Alaikum,ji junab aap jis chashmey ki baat ker rahay hain wahaan janay ka itifaq mughay bhi hoa,balkay aik dafa hum us jaga hicking key liye bhi gaye thay, us jaga ka name noor pur hai its on the way from chakwal to sargodha ,very mesmerizing place,we spent whole day there,i really love chakwal and its surroundings,and i am proud chakwalian...
Visit my page to see chakwal in glimpses

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/bd81c/
Sun May 04, 2008 7:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
wasee
Pak Newbie

hy boys and girls welcome to this new world
Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:54 am View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
nevershalldie
Pak Newbie

hello Shabnum

can you please tell me if you know something about a village called Rhoda Kali.. or something like that. If I don't mistake, it should be situated on ..or near the border of the Mianwali/chakwal district. I tried to find it on the google earth.. but vainly..
I really would be happy when u answer me. You also can write me on my mail adress : cldebe4@voila.fr

Allah Hafiz and thank you
Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:14 am View user's profile Send private message
nevershalldie
Pak Newbie

why do I receive no reply to my interventions ? are the manner I proceed not correct ?. Please explain me how that Forum works. pls on the Mail adress
[size=18][/size]cldebe4@voila.fr

thank you

NSD Shocked
Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
MALIK1234
Pak Newbie

HI EVERYONE I MISS MY CHAKWAL TO MUCH AM LIVING IN QATAR AND INSHALA AM GOING THERE AFTER 5 DAYS I LOVE CHAKWAL
Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
m_arslan
Pak Newbie

aslam o alakum Reply with quote
app ny to bachpan yad dilla dia. Crying or Very sad

any one from nilla or dulla
Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:31 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
abid80
Pak Newbie

chakwal history Reply with quote
chakwal district is among the main area from where many general of pakistan belong its land which gives army many soldiers every year.
its very historic place .
Hindus most sacred temple is in chakwal district. there are many historic places such as qaila rotas etc
Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:16 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
syedraza
Pak Newbie

ARMED PERSONEL FROM CHAKWAL Reply with quote
THE FIRST NATIVE INDIAN TO GET VICTORIA CROSS WAS SUBAIDAR KHUDADAD KHAN FROM CHAKWAL,FIRST INDIAN TO GET COMMISSIONED AND BECOME GENERAL IN THE BRITISH ARMY WAS GENERAL MUHAMMAD AKBAR KHAN(PA-1) FROM CHAKWAL AND FIRST DESIGNATED C IN C OF PAKISTAN ARMY WAS GENERAL IFTIKHAR KHAN(PA-2)BUT DIED IN AN UNFORTUNATE AIRCRASH ALSO BELONGED TO CHAKWAL.
Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
jumakhan abdulkhaliq
Forum Family Member
Forum Family Member

KATAS FORT CHAKWAL

CHAKWAL MARKET.*******

WITH BEST WISHES. Laughing

MAKE EVERY DAY FRESH AND NEW,GO IN SEARCH OF KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE.!!
Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:16 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » You and your shehar All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Gupshup Forum: Urdu ForumIslam ForumPakistan Army ForumAap Ka SheharNaukaryPakistani Visa
Desi Sports and News: Live CricketSports ForumAkhbar OnlinePakistan EventsWorld News Discussion
Entertainment Media: PTV ForumGEO ForumLollywood ForumBollywood OnlineHollywood ForumDesi Radio
Desi Masala Forums: Gupshup Chit ChatComputer GamesMusic ForumDrama ForumsGhazal ForumDesi FashionDesi Food
Official Forums (Government Department): Dak Khana ChatPolice ForumWapda OnlinePTCL ForumUfone ForumRailway ForumSehat Chit ChatTaleem OnlineTax Forum PKZameen ForumAdalat Forum

Pure Pakistani forum to express your views, thoughts with complete freedom. Archives 1 2
Copyright © ForumPakistan.com 2013 All rights reserved.

Contact Us | Advertise | Report Abuse | FP Team | Disclaimer