Forum Pakistan
New User? Register | Search | Memberlist | Log in
Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums
Pakistani forum to discuss Pakistani Media, Siasat, Politics Talk Shows, Khaber Akhbar, Khel, Cricket, Film, Dramas, Songs, Videos, Shairy, Shayari, Pyar Mohabbat ki Kahani, Tourism, Hotels, Fashion, Property, Naukary Gupshup and more.
Watch TV OnlineLive RadioListen QuranAkhbarFree SMS PakistanResults OnlineUrdu EditorLollywoodLive Cricket Score
Government DepartmentsKSE Live RatesUseful LinksJobsOnline GamesCheck EmailPromote us
GEO News LiveGEO NewsDawn News Live TVExpress News

Budget 2010 pakistan

Bookmark and Share

Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » Pakistani News and Events
Budget 2010 pakistan

What do think about this Pakistan Budget 2010-2011?
Good Budget
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Bad Budget
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

Shazia
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Budget 2010 pakistan
Pakistan budget 2010 will be announced today. It will be Federal Budget for 2010-2011.

50% increase in Government Employees Salary.

Federal Budget 2010 Summary in Urdu Language:

Salient points of Dr. Hafeez Shaikh's budget speech.

Total budget outlay for 2010-11 is Rs 3259 billion, which is 10.7 percent more than the current year.

50 percent ad hoc allowance of basic salaries to be granted to government employees.

GST raised from 16 to 17 percent.

Salaries of government employees raised by 50 percent.

Federal Cabinet cut down its salaries by 10 percent.

Medical Allowance for employees of Grade-1 to 15 increased by 100 percent. While the raise in medical allowance for employees of Grade-16 to 22 is 15 percent of their basic pay.

Rs 1 CED imposed on manufacturing of each cigarette.

Tax revenue is targeted at 1.78 trillion rupees out of which the Federal Board of Revenue will collect 1.667 trillion rupees, about 9.8 percent of GDP.

Non-tax revenue is targeted at 632.2 billion rupees. Revenue from direct taxes is targeted at 657.7 billion rupees and revenue from indirect taxes is targeted at 1.12 trillion rupees. Subsidies will be reduced to 126.68 billion rupees from 228.99 billion rupees.

Development spending or the public sector development spending is targeted at 663 billion rupees, with 373 billion rupees allocated for provinces, and 280 billion rupees as the federal component.

Inflation is targeted at 9.5 percent in 2010/11 fiscal year, down from the central bank's forecast of between 11.5percent and 12.5 percent for the year ending June 30.

The defence budget is set at 442.2 billion rupees, a 17percent increase from last year.

The debt to GDP ratio has climbed to 55 percent and we must protect the poor.

30 million energy savors will be provided in a bid to conserve electricity.

He stressed upon self-reliance and resource mobilization.

Talking about unemployment, he said jobs are created when the whole economy grows.

He held flawed policies and influence of some government departments responsible for energy shortage in the country where people are willing to pay for the utility but cannot get it due to unavailability.

We have to make our policies right and rise above the petty issues.

He said there is burden of 235 billion on the countrys budget due to losses being incurred by state owned enterprises including PIA, Pakistan Steel Mills and PEPCO.

Three dams will be built in 2010-11.

Pepco want subsidy of Rs 180 billion.

685 billion budget deficit, which is 4 percent of GDP.

Reformed GST to be implemented from October 31.

All non-developmental expenditures frozen.

40 billion to be distributed among people from Benazir Income Support Programme.

Baitul Maal to continue functioning with Rs2 million.

Minimum wage raised from Rs6000 to Rs7000.

ADP fixed at 603 billion out of which 52 percent will be given to the provinces.

GST will be reformed under which instead of 16 to 25 percent GST there should be single 15 percent GST for all. No sales tax on health and food.

Rs10 FED imposed on 1 mmbtu gas.

Minimum taxable income for salaried class raised from Rs200,000 to Rs300,000.

Capital Gains Tax of 10 percent being imposed on gains from stocks held for less than 6 months; 7.5 percent on gains from stocks held for 6 months to 1 year and; no tax on capital gains from stocks held for more than a year.

Custom duty reduced on 29 items.

Pension raised by 15 percent for the employees who retired before 2001 and 20 percent for those retired after 2001.

200,000 unemployed youth will be provided employment for 100 days under Youth Scheme.

Rs. 663bn allocated in PSDP-2010-11

Following are the highlights of Public Sector Development Programme (PSDP) 2010-11, released here on Saturday:

Total amount of Rs. 663 billion has been allocated in PSDP-2010-11 for various ongoing and new schemes.

Out of total PSDP, the federal share is Rs. 280 billion, provincial share Rs.373 billion where as Rs.10 billion would be spent for Reconstruction and Rehabilitation of Earthquake-hit areas.

Following are the main allocations:
--- Rs.28423.8 million for Water and Power Division (Water Sector)
--- Rs.15227.5 million for Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission.
--- Rs.14565.7 million for Finance Division.
--- Rs.13629.6 million for Railways Division.
--- Rs.9395.7 million for Planning and Development Division.
--- Rs.15762.5 million for Higher Education Commission.
--- Rs.16944.5 million for Health Division.
--- Rs.10873.7 million for Food and Agriculture Division.
--- Rs.3220.1 million for Industries and Proudction division.
--- Rs.5140.9 million for Education Division.
--- Rs.5584 million for Interior Division.
--- Rs.3887.1 million for Defence Division.
--- Rs.3618.3 million for Housing and Works Division.
--- Rs.3618.7 million for Cabinet Division.
--- Rs.4115.5 million for Population Welfare Division.
--- Rs.1646.2 million for Science and Technological research Division.
--- Rs.885.6 million for Livestock and Dairy Development Division.
--- Rs.1000 million for Law and Justice Division.
--- Rs.1000 million for Environment Division.
--- Rs.1000 million for Special Initiatives Division.
--- Rs.1234.7 million for Revenue Division.
--- Rs.623.4 million for Petroleum and Natural Resources Division.
--- Rs.718.3 million for Information Technology and Telecom Division.
--- Rs.1229.7 million for Defence Production Division.
--- Rs.474.1 million for Commerce Division.
--- Rs.149.1 million for Communication Division (other than NHA).
--- Rs.518.6 million for Ports and Shipping Division.
--- Rs.246.9 million for Pakistan Nuclear Regulatory Authority.
--- Rs.152.9 million for Women Development Division.
--- Rs.107.6 million for Social Welfare and Special Education Division.
--- Rs.65.8 million for Labour and Manpower Division.
--- Rs.82.3 million for Local government and Rural Development Division.
--- Rs.125 million for Tourism Division.
--- Rs.140.8 million for ministry of Foreign Affairs.
--- Rs.549.8 million for Narcotics Control division.
--- Rs.114.4 million for Establishment Division.
--- Rs.353.9 million for Culture Division.
--- Rs.229.6 million for Sports Division.
--- Rs.74.5 for Youth Affairs Division.
--- Rs.509.9 million for Information and Broadcasting Division.
--- Rs.164.6 million for Textile Industry Division.
--- Rs.82.3 million for Statistics Division.
--- Rs.81.1 million for Ministry of Postal Services.
--- Rs.15 million for Economic Affairs Division.
--- Rs.12029.7 million for WAPDA (Water)
--- Rs. 44637 million for National Highway Authority
--- Rs.10523.5 million for Azad Jammu and Kashmir
--- Rs.6584.9 million for Gilgit-Baltistan (Block and other projects)
--- Rs.8642.6 million for FATA.
--- Rs. 5000 million for People's Works Programme-I
--- Rs.25000 million for People's Works Programme-II

Listen Pakistan Budget 2010-2011 Audio:

(Windows Media Player must be installed to listen audio)

What are your comments about this 2010-2011 Budget of Pakistan?

Pak People
Love Pakistan, Love PTV, Love Lollywood, Love Pakistani dramas, films, radio, music and songs, Love Pakistani Products
Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
pakistani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Some good and some bad, cannot say about Budget 2010 right now. We will come to know exactly with the passage of time.

Forum Pakistan
Be proud to be a Pakistani (instead of being a Punjabi, Sindhi, Baloch or Pushtoon)
Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:53 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
jkbarki
5 Star Member
5 Star Member

7 trillion rupees deficiency, makes it the worst budget. Reply with quote
If we have resources of 25 trillion rupees, why we make a budget of 32.59 trillion rupees. 7 trillion rupees deficiency makes it the worst budget of the history. It means govt has nothing for development, but words. Just few years ago, we had a budget of that much amount, now we have a deficiency of that amount, which becomes almost 25% of the total budget. In future, no wonder, if we have a budget of 100% of deficiency.

There is nothing in budget for ordinary men and women. I wish govt spend atleast 10% of the budget on poor people's life, otherwise expectation from govt is already zero% and corruption? of course 100% this year.

Pakistan Zindabad
Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:05 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
KHAN62
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

Budget 2010 Reply with quote
The budget is good not better, the civilian govt is trying to correct its direction n it will take time. the dictatators like Musharraf have sold country to IMF dictates now it will take time to bring country back on track. politicians need to learn especially present PPP MPs to improve their knowledges in all major disciplines coz common ppl trusted by casting their votes in their favour. there should be a think tank in party to impart necessary training n it should conduct research on good governance n better economic management on scientific basis, zulfiqar
Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:25 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shela
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

I cant say much about this budget but as usual it seems there is nothing for commoners as expected. Only govt servants are not part of our majority nation, who wants some relief from this mounting price hikes. 1% increase in GST will affect the middle & lower class very badly. They have increased taxes and reduced subsidies. Electricity (despite load shedding) and gas bills are already distressing our middle class. A huge increase in defense budget (cuz of this war-on-terror fiasco) but skimpy amount is allocated for health and education sector. People were already not much expecting from govt as budget is often favoring rich and it is crushing our middle and lower class which are already finding it hard to make both ends meet. I have read in an article that per capita consumption of flour decreased, last year and according to that writer it means, that a person who was eating two Chapatis per meal is now eating one chapati per meal!! It clearly shows how much our lower class is suffering from this price hike.
Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:17 am View user's profile Send private message
ladlagogi
Pak Newbie

BUDGET 2010 Reply with quote
I THINK ONE SHUD NOT JUST CRITICIZE THE BUDGET FOR THE SAKE OF CRITICISM. ONE GOOD POINT IS 50% INCREASE IN THE SALARIES OF GOVT SERVANTS. BUT I WUD SAY THAT ITS NOT UNDERSTANDABLE THAT WHY GOVT ALWAYS FAILS TO IMPLEMENT THE AGRICULTURE TAX ON BIG LAND LORDS, THE REASON MAY BE THAT BIG LAND LORDS ARE SITIING IN THE GOVT ITSELF.
Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:45 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
jkbarki
5 Star Member
5 Star Member

Re: BUDGET 2010 Reply with quote
ladlagogi wrote:
I THINK ONE SHUD NOT JUST CRITICIZE THE BUDGET FOR THE SAKE OF CRITICISM. ONE GOOD POINT IS 50% INCREASE IN THE SALARIES OF GOVT SERVANTS. BUT I WUD SAY THAT ITS NOT UNDERSTANDABLE THAT WHY GOVT ALWAYS FAILS TO IMPLEMENT THE AGRICULTURE TAX ON BIG LAND LORDS, THE REASON MAY BE THAT BIG LAND LORDS ARE SITIING IN THE GOVT ITSELF.

How many people are govt servants?

Pakistan Zindabad
Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:56 am View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
colegro1
Pak Newbie

Why do they even bother debating on this at geo and ARY
Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:19 am View user's profile Send private message
colegro1
Pak Newbie

pakistani wrote:
Some good and some bad, cannot say about Budget 2010 right now. We will come to know exactly with the passage of time.

What ever you say brother. It is not going to matter because no one is listening
Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:20 am View user's profile Send private message
KHAN62
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

BUDGET 2010 Reply with quote
Its not a good budget, pakistan needs proper documentatation in taxation n the nation has to learn that without paying taxes no country ever progressed; there must be a cut in defence budget, its a mere mad race. the ppp govt should appoint it own finance minister, the present one is a musharraf man who in the past has not done any good service n he will do nothing in future.
Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:48 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
I K QAZI

We have to expand the Tax base very broader & try to implement the Agriculture Tax on All those Waderas,Khan's,Chowdaris & Sardars.I mean all those feudal lords.

وہ اب نئے گھاؤ کا تقاضہ کر رہے ہیں

Akhir E Shab Sitaron Ka Saraktay Huwey Jana
Teri Yadon Ka Dard Numaya Kar Rahey Hain
Mazaa Aanay Laga meray Zakhmon Ko Qazi
Wo Ab Naye Ghao Ka Taqaza Kar Rahe Hain
Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
Sadaqat Ali Khan
Pak Newbie

Budget 2010 Reply with quote
This assembly can not give budget better than this budget. Because MNAs are not interested in the welfare of People of pakistan. They only have their own interest. They came in assembly for the interest of their own community not for ordinary people of pakistan.
Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
jkbarki
5 Star Member
5 Star Member

I K QAZI wrote:
We have to expand the Tax base very broader & try to implement the Agriculture Tax on All those Waderas,Khan's,Chowdaris & Sardars.I mean all those feudal lords.

In present as per Imran Khan statement, Shoukat Tareen Ex finance minister said to him that a huge amount of 1800 billion rupees tax are evading every year. Sir, I K Qazi! If our govt stops evading tax, we need not any more tax expansion. As per present budget, we have resources of 2500 billion rs, means our real resources are about 4300 billion rupees which are bigger than our expenditures by 1000 billion rupees. All we need an honest govt, but alas! we don't have that.

Pakistan Zindabad
Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:59 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
I K QAZI

jkbarki! I fully support your views & agreed with what Shoakat Tareen said.In this country we are giving preveleges to all those who are already privilled by hook or crook.

Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
I K QAZI

The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
Ronald Reagan (1911 - 2004)

Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
jkbarki
5 Star Member
5 Star Member

I K QAZI wrote:
jkbarki! I fully support your views & agreed with what Shoakat Tareen said. In this country we are giving preveleges to all those who are already privilled by hook or crook.

Thanx sir and yes we do that otherwise we would have made our country better.

Pakistan Zindabad
Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:12 pm View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
omeraltaf
Pak Newbie

i think this is not a gud budjet
Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:47 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
capslock
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

pakistan news and events Reply with quote
geo pakistan
Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
uk_03
Pak Newbie

nice Reply with quote
very good
Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
dockhaul
Pak Newbie

i think this budget is not people friendly but it is going to break the back of a common man. words cannot be the alternate of reality.its just that the wrapping has been changed while the issues are still there.
Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:39 am View user's profile Send private message
dost200185
Pak Newbie

one day we will get it wright...
Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:07 am View user's profile Send private message
mirsalema
Pak Newbie

a Reply with quote
as
Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
energysaaz
Junior PK Member
Junior PK Member

needs to have good institutional financial managers to plan and then develop budget to stablise the currency and support the people in need.
Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
zeeshan12345
Pak Newbie

very good i l0ove you
Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Forum Pakistan - Pakistani Forums Home » Pakistani News and Events All times are GMT + 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Gupshup Forum: Urdu ForumIslam ForumPakistan Army ForumAap Ka SheharNaukaryPakistani Visa
Desi Sports and News: Live CricketSports ForumAkhbar OnlinePakistan EventsWorld News Discussion
Entertainment Media: PTV ForumGEO ForumLollywood ForumBollywood OnlineHollywood ForumDesi Radio
Desi Masala Forums: Gupshup Chit ChatComputer GamesMusic ForumDrama ForumsGhazal ForumDesi FashionDesi Food
Official Forums (Government Department): Dak Khana ChatPolice ForumWapda OnlinePTCL ForumUfone ForumRailway ForumSehat Chit ChatTaleem OnlineTax Forum PKZameen ForumAdalat Forum

Pure Pakistani forum to express your views, thoughts with complete freedom. Archives 1 2
Copyright © ForumPakistan.com 2013 All rights reserved.

Contact Us | Advertise | Report Abuse | FP Team | Disclaimer